Thursday, October 8, 2020

2020 Topps Archives Blaster!

 It's time to open another blaster! Well, as you know, it's time to tell you about another blaster I already opened! This time we'll go with 2020 Topps Archives. This is actually one of the exclusive Target blasters, so that's always a treat. How'd I do? Let's see!

Here are the highlights...


There's the box. See? It contains a giant card.


And the packs. Including the giant pack.


And, the giant card. I like the look of the card. But, I don't know what to do with it. It doesn't fit anywhere. Maybe if it was a Sox player I could display it on an easel or something. But, with Soto I'll have to figure something else out.


Always great to get a Pedro. I also have a soft spot for the 1976 design ever since I found a lunch bag full of them in my grandfather's house. They were the first really "vintage" cards I had seen. And, this particular card mentions one of the most important transactions of my lifetime.


Pretty standard picture, but I enjoy the 1980 design.


A former player on a former design. I like this one too.


OK. I get the idea. A former player on the 1980 design. I do enjoy getting cards of Ted, though.


A different design! But, still a former player. I don't think Topps should players on designs that they appeared on as active players. This card looks much too similar to the actual 2002 Topps Pedro. I don't need that kind of confusion in my life.

And, that's it. A nice handful of Red Sox players. But, only one of them was an active player. Seems to be the direction Archives is taking with a larger proportion of retired guys. I guess that fits the "archives" theme. And, if it means I can get two Pedros...then that works for me. 

How did your blaster go?

4 comments:

  1. I love the '64 Topps Giants design so that Soto appeals to me even though it's oversized and tough to store/display. I went to Target with the intention of buying a blaster of Archives but the lines were so long I left empty-handed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the '74 design, not 1980. And, man, does Ted look weird on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. That's the 1974 design, and I'm a bonehead.

      Delete
  3. Haven't been buying up too many pieces of 2020 cardboard, but the Archives 1964 Giants box toppers are nice. It'd be cool to find a complete set online.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week