Thursday, October 22, 2020

2020 Stadium Club Blaster!

It's time to open another blaster! Well, actually, it's time to tell you about another blaster I already opened! This time we'll go with 2020 Topps Stadium Club. This is always a fun set to open with the incredible photography. How'd I do? Let's see!

Here are the highlights...


Highlights of an unopened box.


And the packs inside...including the Widevision boxtopper.


Which resulted in this card. So, if you haven't held this card in your hand, they're really long. Or...wide I suppose. Which could make for a fun concept when you consider the amazing pictures within the Stadium Club set. This picture...isn't one of those. This might be the most vertical picture to ever appear on a horizontal card. It's wasted on the widevision. These cards should be people diving or sliding. Not standing straight up and reaching for a ball over their heads. Unless you sell insurance, I guess.


One of those fun pictures I mentioned earlier.


I don't really understand the superimposed liberty bell. I mean, I get the Philadelphia reference. But, why did Topps feel it was necessary? Or, even a good idea?


Always nice to get a card with writing on it. Even if it's Fernandez.


And finishing things off with this bland card of Ichiro.

Did you notice what was missing from the highlights? Yup. Not a single Red Sox card came out of the packs. How is that even possible? It's certainly not good.

How'd you do in your box?

1 comment:

  1. Love this product. I have a blaster sitting in my Topps Future Stars box that I haven't opened up yet. I will one day. I'm hoping prices of complete sets drop and I can just pick up the entire set with a click of a button. That Nola is different. I wonder why they did that for him, but none of the other cards. Sorry to hear you didn't pull a single Red Sox player.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week