Friday, September 4, 2020

Myrra Dvorak Visits Section 36!

Section 36 ha
s another visitor! Myrra Dvorak is passionate about reducing plastic use, a talented singer, and the current Miss Red Rock. I was so excited that she agreed to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more! 

So, let's see what happens when Myrra Dvorak visits Section 36!


How did you celebrate winning the Miss Red Rock crown? 

When I won my first crown, I celebrated by eating ice cream and calling my mom to share the exciting news. 


What did you learn about yourself at the Miss Red Rock competition 

Throughout my time as Miss Red Rock, I have learned a lot about myself and what kind of mark I want to leave in the world. When I go into Miss Nevada in 2021, I like to think I will have a really good understanding of who I am and how I am going to share that with others. 


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Red Rock? 

While serving as Miss Red Rock, I hope to continue sharing my passion for service with others. One way I like to stay involved in my community is by participating in the Walk to End Alzheimer's every November. It is a great way to come together with friends and family while also raising money for a great cause. This year, Miss Las Vegas and I are co-captaining a team and hope to raise $5,000 for the Alzheimer's Association. 


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Imperfect Minimalism for an Imperfect World”? 

I fell in love with my social impact when I realized how easy it really can be to reduce the amount of plastic I use on a day to day basis by thinking ahead and investing in sturdy reusable products. It brings me great joy to know that I am not only doing what I can to reduce my personal footprint, but sharing the message of sustainability with others so they can engage in mindful practices, too. 


As a talented singer, what do you enjoy about performing on stage? 

Singing on stage makes me feel powerful and free. Though public speaking gives me the absolute jitters, there is something so calming to me about singing my heart out to a song I really love and relate to. To me, it isn't about hitting the right notes or getting everything perfect; instead, it is about feeling the emotion behind the music, and I try to bring that to every piece I perform. 


What is your personal fitness routine? 

Quarantine and preparation for the Nevada Bar Exam has made my exercise routine pretty non-existent, but I always take a walk every night to make sure I get some steps in and get my blood pumping a little bit. I also stretch and do yoga to help me feel centered when preparing for a stressful day. 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why? 

If I could be a Disney character for a week, I would want to be Ariel from the Little Mermaid! My favorite place in the world is the beach and I have always dreamed of being a mermaid. 


If you had an extra ticket to a Cubs game, who would you bring with you? Why?

If I had an extra ticket to a Cubs game, I am bringing my dad, who was born and raised in Chicago, IL. After the game, we would celebrate with a classic deep-dish pizza. Yum!


Is there a feature or activity at Wrigley Field that you’d especially like to experience? 

I am a huge hot dog fan, so I would definitely be trying out the concessions before finding my seat. 


---


I know I always get a Fenway Frank when I'm at a game!


As always, I want to thank Myrra for visiting with us, and for sending along the wonderful picture to go with the interview.


As Myrra continues her time as Miss Red Rock, I encourage you to check out her official Instagram account. It’s a great way to keep track of everything she has going on!


I also definitely want to wish her the best of luck whenever she competes for the Miss Nevada title. It would be wonderful to have Section 36 visitor wear that crown!


Thanks again Myrra, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week