Friday, March 27, 2020

Kristina Ayanian Visits Section 36!

Photo by
Stephanie Vegliante Photography

Section 36 has another visitor! Kristina Ayanian is passionate about thinking globally, a talented pianist, and the current Miss Boston. I was thrilled to be able to visit with her to discuss those topics, and more!

So, let's see what happens when Kristina Ayanian
visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Boston crown?
I was so overwhelmed by the support from my family and friends who were waving their hands and cheering for me every time I stepped on stage. They showered me in hugs and flowers after I was crowned. I returned home to pack my bags for a work conference in New York bright and early the next morning! Always on the grind and I’m loving every minute of it!

Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Boston?
I hope to lead by example. My goal is to help at least one person to find their personal passion project and share their message to the world. I am currently in the process of organizing a Freedom Walk on the Freedom Trail. I aim to unite our community and facilitate social interaction about topics that impact each individual. We unite by sharing our differences and are more alike than we think. By sharing our stories, we will create a ripple effect in communities across Massachusetts, and beyond, to take action in their communities.

As a former Miss Massachusetts’ Outstanding teen, do you think that experience will help you at the Miss Massachusetts competition?
Photo by
Version 2.0 Productions
My experience competing in the Miss America Organization since I was 15 has helped me in every chapter in my life. Competing and holding a teen title has given me the confidence to live every day with an imaginary crown on my head – from college to the real world and everything in between. I am so excited to compete for the state title in June!

How did you select your social impact initiative, “Global Citizenship”?
From a young age, my mom has taught me the value and importance of giving back to our community. I was shocked to learn that our national volunteer rate is currently at a two-decade low. At the heart and soul of my social impact initiative is recognizing that we all play a vital role in creating a culture of humanity and keeping our world sustainable for future generations. Global citizenship starts at the local level – turning the water off while we’re brushing our teeth, making recycling into a habit, holding the door open for the elderly, and using our voice to spread recognition about issues we are passionate about. These are all examples of small steps we can take every day to create a domino effect that will grow to a national then global level. I created the #GlobalCitizenshipPledge and the @CommittedGlobalCitizens Instagram and Facebook page, where I share quotes and stories from global citizens and hope to inspire others to take action. Follow me to take the pledge!

As a talented pianist, what do you like most about performing on stage?
My favorite part about performing is making people happy. When I see a piano in hotel lobbies, in shopping centers, in homes, or on stages I naturally gravitate towards it and start playing. I can’t help myself! Music helps me unwind and mastering new pieces brings a smile to my face. I like bringing that smile to others when I perform.

What is your personal fitness routine?
First and foremost I eat healthy and avoid processed foods.
Photo by
Stephanie Vegliante Photography
change my fitness routine every gym session, especially for cardio. I rotate between running, jump rope, biking, and the elliptical. I enjoy lifting weights, but since I’ve been dancing from 2 years old, my legs are my strongest muscles and I pride myself on leg days.


Who’s your favorite Red Sox player? Why?
David Ortiz has been an iconic figure in my life since I was a little girl. I grew to admire him even more as I became older because he was more than a legendary baseball player; he was a Boston hero. He brought everyone together during a time when the city needed it most and that resonates with everyone – not just sports fans.

If you had an extra ticket to a Red Sox game at Fenway, who would you bring with you? Why?
My mom’s company has season tickets, and every year when it’s our turn to go to a game, we bring someone who has never seen the Sox live. Nothing compares to seeing the smile on people’s face, both old and young, when they walk into Fenway Park for the first time. I’ll continue to do the same any time I have an extra ticket.

Is there a feature or activity at a game at Fenway that you’d especially like to experience?
I’d love to sing our National Anthem in our historic park or throw a first pitch!

—-

Those would be wonderful opportunities!

As usual, I want to thank Kristina for visiting and for sending along the fantastic pictures that accompany the interview. They make the post so much better.

As Kristina continues her time as Miss Boston, I encourage you to check out her officia
l Instagram account and Facebook page, as well as her personal Instagram account. It’s the best way to make sure you don’t miss out on everything she’ll have going on. You should also check out her Committed Global Citizens Instagram and Facebook pages to see all the amazing things happening there.

I also want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss Massachusetts title. It would be wonderful to have another Section 36 visitor wear that crown!

Thanks again Kristina, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week