Thursday, March 19, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 14 (118-126)


I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 14?




Red Sox Cards on the Page:  0. I mean, yeah, there should be lots of shutouts.

Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: Nothing super-cool about this particular page. But, I always find vintage checklist cards neat. They don't show up in sets these days, and it always reminds me that I'm looking at something old.

My favorite card on the page: Right there in the center. While it's obviously not game action, I can't quite tell if this is "action action" or "posed action". But, either way it's great to see a card of The Mad Hungarian Al Habrosky staring someone down mid-windup. 

What would your answers to those last two categories be?

4 comments:

  1. The posed Anderson and Reuss cards are so typical of that time, gotta love it. The Busby is an error card. I can't remember who is actually on it but it's not him. He is a great autograph signer but he will not sign the front of it. I asked him nicely if he'd sign the back and he did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed those two cards scream "1975" with the poses. I had no idea about the Busby card. Funny that he won't sign the front, but was willing to sign the back for you!

      Delete
  2. Wow. Your set is in really nice condition. Favorite card? Nothing really stands out... but North, Hrabosky, Reuss, and Singleton are all fan favorites. I guess if I had to pick one, I'd go with North since I'm an A's fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will run the whole range, condition wise. I didn't care, and didn't upgrade any conditions on purpose. Some of the common cards that I got multiples of through lot purchases eventually upgraded to be pretty good. Some others? Pretty scary.

      Delete

What people are reading this week