Friday, August 30, 2019

Jenna Holt Visits Section 36!


Section 36 has a new visitor! Jenna Holt is a businesswoman, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Woodland Hills. This makes her the
first visitor to Section 36 from the state of California! I was thrilled she was able to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So let's see what happens when Jenna Holt visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Woodland Hills crown?
Since it was my first local title in California, I was over the moon to be able to represent Woodland Hills on the Miss California stage. My best friend, whom I met through pageants here, competed with me. We carpooled down to LA the night before and we drove 5 hours home after I had won! But not before we stuffed our faces at Maggianos and jammed the whole ride home to celebrate! (Ps- she won her title a month later, which we also carpooled back down to LA for lol)

What has surprised you the most about your time as Miss Woodland Hills?
Even though I live in Sacramento, which is 5 hours away from Woodland Hills, I truly feel connected to the community and my board of directors. They know that I travel a lot for work and they support me doing appearances across the state, way outside of Woodland Hills. I’m surprised with how easy it is, it’s not stressful, and I’ve been more motivated than ever before to make the most of my time in the organization as Miss Woodland Hills.

Is there a specific goal you'd like to accomplish before you turn over your Miss Woodland Hills crown?
My goal this year was/is to build the awareness of the Miss Woodland Hills program and increase sponsorships. There are many local programs struggling, mostly due to not having enough girls competing for the titles, but my goal has been to increase those numbers for 2020 and ensure this community continues to have Miss Woodland Hills as their representative. I want nothing more than the next Miss Woodland Hills to have an amazing experience like I have, so I have made a lot of connections for sponsorships and appearances so she will never feel like she isn’t a part of something special!

How did you select your social impact initiative “Women in Business”?
To me, a social impact initiative can either be something that you’re passionate about outside of your everyday life, or it can be something that does effect your everyday life. As a woman who studied business and is continuing to study business as I am attaining my Executive MBA, my social impact is something that I live each and every day. I also work full time as a District Sales Manager for Chevrolet. I find that I can relate to other women in business, the struggles, the setbacks, the successes, the stories and that’s something I want the future generations of women in business to feel too! I am a part of several women support groups, and I also support a business scholarship for my hometown scholarship pageant program, Miss Davison. Women are leaving their mark in business, and I want to leave my mark both in my career and through my social impact initiative.

As a talented singer, what do you enjoy about performing on stage?
I absolutely love performing and competing!! have invested more
this year in my talent than ever before with it being worth so much of my score. I just pour my energy out on stage in hopes that the audience will receive it and think “yes, she is a talented young woman”. Performing on that stage was electrifying for me, and I hope to do it again next year!

What is your personal fitness routine?
I am a firm believer of your physical health being just as important as your mental and emotional health. To stay fit, I do CrossFit, PureBarre, and Yoga each week so my body is getting the benefits from each different workout. I do track what I eat(most of the time) but I am human and sometimes just can’t turn down a pizza or Mac n cheese!

Who is your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?
Oh man this is such a tough question...I love them all so much! Benintendi is a heart throb, also an amazing player. I always joke that Brock Holt is my cousin, and people believe me! If I had to pick, I would probably say Mookie Betts! He’s a great player and a family man. He plays the game and no doubt has been a key to the success of the team since he came on..he’s had MVP, the golden glove, Silver Slugger, and a World Series win to prove it!

Is there a feature or activity at Fenway Park that you’d especially like to experience?
I would absolutely love to sing the national anthem at Fenway, with a Fenway Frank in hand lol. I’ve been to Fenway so many times and it’s just a part of who I am. I’d love to experience the historic stadium from the field and feel how the players do.

You were able to attend the clinching game of the Red Sox-Dodgers World Series. What was that experience like?
The experience was like no other. Were we going to win? Of course. We were on fire!!! My mom flew in from Michigan a week prior and we made the choice to buy tickets and drive down to LA! I had a meeting the next day in Eureka, CA which is a 10 hour drive from LA and we drove through the night...but How often do you get the chance to see a World Series winning game? It was beyond worth it. When Sale threw that final pitch, I think I blacked out. It was incredible. And I was pleasantly surprised at how many Red Sox fans were there! Just shows that we aren’t just Fans, we’re family!

——

It must have been incredible to be there!

As always, I want to thank Jenna for doing this interview, and for allowing me to use the amazing pictures. They really make the post much better.

As Jenna continues her time as Miss Woodland Hills, I encourage you to follow her on her official Woodland Hills Facebook page as well as her personal Instagram page. It’s a great way to keep up with everything she has going on! 

Thanks again Jenna!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week