Monday, August 26, 2019

Leather and Lumber Blaster!

OK. So the Chrome blaster post was so much fun, thought it mades sense to try another one. This time, I'm working with Panini Leather and Lumber!


So, I'm sure you all already knew this but. The blaster only has ten cards in it? WOW! These must be something pretty spectacular.


So, when I saw that there were ten cards, I sort of just assumed they'd be loose. Not really sure why I assumed that. But, I was wrong. There were two packs inside, each with five cards. One pack was noticeably thicker than the other. That could mean something, or Panini could be playing games.


Here's the best card in pack one. This Jose Altuve. I'm glad that companies without licenses have figured out how to choose pictures that don't announce that fact. These two shots could have logos on them, I'd never know.


Clearly making up the "lumber" portion of the set is Aaron Judge. Apparently hitting meaningless home runs counts as "lumber".


Apparently there was a reason for the thick pack after all. My hit is this insanely thick numbered dual relic of notable Marlins star Lewis Brinson. No offense to Mr. Brinson, but I can't imagine a worse hit.

So there you have it. My first, and almost assuredly last, blaster of Panini Leather and Lumber. Hard to imagine a less impressive thing to open.

How have you done with your blasters?


4 comments:

  1. Brinson is a bummer! Such a letdown knowing you're getting a nice thick relic and opening...that. The Judge is a cool card, even though it's a hated Yankee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's part of the "chase", that not all hits are amazing. But, buy that was a bummer. At least with Judge I can get rid of it easily. Doubt anyone out there wants a Brinson.

      Delete
  2. Have avoided purchasing blasters for myself in 2019... until a few weeks ago when I bought two Chrome blasters. Gonna open them up this weekend. Hoping I pull at least one Tatis.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week