Friday, August 16, 2019

Aileen Auclair Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has a new visitor! Aileen Auclair is a dancer, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Exeter! I was thrilled she was able to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So let's see what happens when Aileen Auclair visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Exeter crown?
I celebrated winning Miss Exeter by going to my director’s house and meeting all of the other girls at a cookout. After that I came home and hung out with my family.

What did you learn about yourself at the Miss Exeter Competition that will help you at Miss New Hampshire?
At the Miss Exeter competition I learned that I am a lot braver than I thought I was. For years I have been a very shy person and public speaking was never my strong suit. At Miss Exeter I pushed myself out of my comfort zone to work on my public speaking skills and meet many new people. This will help me at Miss New Hampshire because I will go in feeling comfortable with the other titleholders and with more confidence in my public speaking abilities.

What made you decide to compete for the Miss Exeter crown?
I competed for the Miss Exeter crown to take an idea I wanted to
work on over the summer and make it something bigger. My platform, Creating a Better Environment Today for a Better Tomorrow, came from my desire to do all sorts of cleanups this summer to better our environment. I decided that as Miss Exeter I could expand this idea so much more and participate in many more activities to benefit our community. 

Speaking of your social impact initiative how did you select “Creating a Better Environment for a Better Tomorrow”?
I selected my Social Impact Initiative due to a community service day my high school had that inspired me. In around four hours, 200 students picked up over 1,200 pounds of trash. This made me realize what an issue littering is and how important each person is in creating a better environment. If every person recycled, or chose reusable options, or picked up some trash they saw, that's one less piece of trash in the ocean or polluting our environment.

As a talented dancer, what do you like most about performing on stage?
As a dancer my favorite part about performing on stage is watching
everything we have been working on for months coming together. The satisfaction of nailing a step you have been struggling with for months on stage is very hard to be matched.

You recently returned from the American Dance awards in NYC. What was that experience like?
American Dance Awards was one of my most valuable experiences of my life. There were dancers there from all over the world and the talent was unlike any competition I've been at. All of the dancers were so professional I would have paid to see them. The experience drove me to work harder and strive to be the best dancer I could be.

Who is your favorite Red Sox player? Why?
My favorite Red Sox player is currently Xander Bogaerts because not only is he a good player, he seems to be a very supportive
teammate and good person.

Is there a feature or activity at Fenway Park that you’d especially like to experience?
If I were to go to Fenway one activity I would be very interested in is trying all the different food. I've heard it is expensive but very good.

If you had an extra ticket to see the Red Sox play at Fenway, who would you take with you? Why?
If I had an extra ticket to Fenway Park I would either bring my grandmother or grandfather because they are both really big Red Sox fans.

----

I'm sure they'd both have a wonderful time!

As always, I want to give huge thanks to Aileen for doing this interview, and for providing the pictures to go along with it. They're all so wonderful!

As Aileen continues her time as Miss Exeter, I encourage you to follow her on the official Miss Exeter Facebook page! It's a great way to make sure you know what she's up to!

I also absolutely want to wish Aileen luck this spring as she competes for the Miss New Hampshire crown! Once again there will be several Section 36 visitors gracing the stage. It would be incredible to have her take home the title! 

Thanks again Aileen, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week