Friday, July 27, 2018

Molly Sullivan Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Molly Sullivan is a pianist, the current Miss Goldenrod, and (surprisingly) a Red Sox fan. I was
hoping she'd be willing to discuss those topics with us, along with a few more. I'm glad she agreed, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy reading everything she had to say.

So, let’s see what happens when Molly Sullivan visits Section 36!


How did you celebrate being crowned Miss Goldenrod?

The first thing I did when I won Miss Goldenrod was FaceTime Justin Patton, who has helped me a lot with growing in my communication skills.  Then I went and got Chick-fil-A because I’m obsessed with their lemonade and chicken and fries!  

What did you learn about yourself at the recent Miss Kentucky competition that will help you in future pageants?
The biggest thing I learned from competing at Miss Kentucky this year is to just have fun. I was the youngest contestant at only 18 years old! So I was just so excited to have the opportunity to be there. I watched other girls get so stressed out that they weren’t having fun. Miss Kentucky definitely taught me to not get stressed out at upcoming pageants and to just have fun with all of my friends! 

What has surprised you the most about your time as Miss Goldenrod?
Considering I’m only 18, winning Miss Goldenrod alone was a beautiful surprise! The biggest surprise to me that has come along with being Miss Goldenrod is becoming best friends with my sister queens. Abbie, Alex, and Makayela have all become like real sisters to me. They are all older than me and they really took me under their wing and showed me the ropes of being a title holder for Miss Kentucky! 

How did you select your platform, “Be the Sunshine”?
My platform Be The Sunshine is from experiences I had growing up. Everyday my mom told me to “be the sunshine” and at an early age that meant for me to be nice to other kids. As I grew the meaning also grew with it.  I went through a time in my life that I didn’t love myself and that I was really struggling with making friends. Once I learned to love myself I noticed that I was being a better light in other people’s lives. So, now my platform, “Be The Sunshine” is all about inspiring and encouraging people to radiate positivity through social media and every day life! 

What is your favorite part about performing your piano talent on stage?
I’ve been playing piano since I was 5 and so my favorite part about
piano being my talent for Miss Kentucky is that I get to share my passion with not only the judges, but also the audience! 

How does a Kentucky titleholder become a Red Sox fan?
My dad has always been a Red Sox fan and the MLB Network stays on our family tv at home practically 24/7. I’ve grown up loving the Red Sox and have always wanted to travel to Boston to see Fenway and watch them play. Finally this year we made it, we took a family road trip and drove to Boston. 

You recently were able to take the pregame tour at Fenway Park. What was your favorite part about the tour?
My favorite part of the Pre game tour was definitely getting to watch some of my favorite players warm up and have batting practice!  I’ve watched them on tv for so long so getting to see them in person was an amazing experience. 

You were also able to attend a Red Sox game at Fenway. What was your favorite part about that experience?
I had so many favorite parts of the Red Sox game! Getting to meet Wally and get a picture was so fun. I also loved watching Pearce hit a homerun over the green monster! But of course my absolute favorite part was watching the Red Sox win! 

How will the Red Sox finish the 2018 season?
My prediction for the Red Sox for this season is to be World Series champions! They are really a great looking team this year and I think they can pull it off. 

------

Sounds perfect to me!

As usual, I want to give tons of thanks to Molly for doing this interview. It's always fun for me to interview titleholders from a new state. I also want to thank her for providing the pictures to accompany the interview. They went along perfectly, and made it a lot more fun!

As Molly continues her time as Miss Goldenrod, I encourage you to follow her on her Instagram page as well as the Instagram page for her platform!

I also want to wish Molly luck as she starts competing in the next round of local competitions! I'm sure we're all hoping she earns another shot at the Miss Kentucky crown!


Thanks again Molly, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week