Friday, July 20, 2018

Brooklynn Lambert Visits Section 36!


Section 36 has another visitor! Brooklynn Lambert is a dancer and the current Miss Monroe County. She has also recently been named
the new Comerica In-Park host for the Detroit Tigers! Since the Red Sox start the second half in Detroit, I thought it was the perfect time to have her visit with us. Thankfully she agreed! I’m sure you’ll enjoy reading everything she had to say.

So, let’s see what happens when Brooklynn Lambert visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate being crowned Miss Monroe County?
Being Miss Monroe County was a dream of mine since I was five-years-old. So celebrating my win was incredible, I feel like it lasted for days. Not only with my famly and friends, but the community. My events hit the ground running the day after I was crowned. So it
was continuous and truly a dream come true. 

What has surprised you the most about your time as Miss Monroe County?
The support from Monroe County. Miss Monroe County is a local pageant, so only girls from the county are able to compete. Therefore, I have had nothing but love and support from my community. When I went to the Miss Michigan pageant, I cannot believe the amount of support and love that I recieved from Monroe. 

How did you select your platform, “Give Graciously: Leave a Legacy”?
When I was thirteen-years-old, I saw a man sitting outside of a
local Subway with nothing but the shirt on his back and wheelbarrow full of his belongings in the dead of winter. I brought him a sub, and he simply smiled at me and said "thank you." I realized that I needed to do something about this, because this wasn't the first case I saw. I then started a coat drive titled Coat-ing with Kindness, and nine coat drives later, I have collected over 5,00
coats and winter accessories for those who don't have something to keep them warm in the winter. I started to realize that it wasn't just coats that I wanted to give back to my community, I had more heart to give. I starting teaching a special needs dance class, volunteering my time with the Salvation Army, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Boys and Girls Club, the United Way, and many other local organizations. Doing all of this, seeing the change that I was making, I wanted to inspire others to do the same. So by giving graciously, I am able to teach others that they can leave a legacy of making a difference in the lives of others. 

What’s your favorite part about performing your jazz dance talent on stage?
I have been performing for 18 years of my life, so getting out on a
stage is home for me. It is something that  truly love doing and don't get nervous about. My favorite part of performing on stage is the crowd. Since my dance is upbeat, the crowd is always yelling or clapping. I feed off of that energy and it only makes me perform more!

Is there a goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Monroe County?
My goal as Miss Monroe County was to make a difference and to make my hometown proud. Going to the Miss Michigan pageant, making top 12, I know I made a difference seeing that I am the first Miss Monroe since 2013 to make top 10. I have also seen the impact I have made on lives as Miss Monroe County, and that is all that matters to me. It has been a dream come true these past 10 months.

What’s your personal fitness routine?
About a year ago, I started doing crossfit. Ever since I have started, I've been hooked. I have seen so many positive changes in my body, and I am truly in the best shape of my life. 

You’re a former member of the Detroit Tigers DTE Energy Squad. What was your favorite part about that experience?
I want to be a sports broadcaster for baseball. So being in the ball park alone, interacting with fans and being in front of the camera gave me the experience I need to move forward with my career.

If a Red Sox fan were to visit Comerica Park, what’s one feature they would enjoy, or not want to miss?
Comerica Park has so many things that anyone of any age would
truly enjoy. But besides the ball game, you don't want to miss our mascot, PAWS. PAWS is anywhere and everywhere throughout Comerica Park during the game and truly makes the experience even better!! [S36: Brooklynn is clearly too modest to mention herself as one of the must-see aspects of Comerica. Definitely keep your eyes open for her during the games!]

What’s your favorite memory of JD Martinez from his time with the Tigers?
The energy he brought to the game, how much he loved Detroit and his fans, there isn't just one moment or memory I have of him. Every single game he played was incredible because of what he brought to the plate. I hated seeing him go, but love watching his success from a far. 

-------

So far, I have to say she'd absolutely right about JD!

As usual, I want to give huge thanks to Brooklynn for doing this interview, especially as she got to know her new role with the Tigers organization. I also want to thank her for providing the pictures to accompany the interview. They went along perfectly with the interview, and made it a lot more fun!

As Brooklynn continues her time as Miss Monroe County, I encourage you to follow her on the official Miss Monroe County Facebook page and website.

I also want to wish Brooklynn luck as she starts competing in the next round of local competitions! This weekend she takes the stage to compete for the Miss Spirit of the State crown. I certainly hope she brings it home!

Thanks again Brooklynn, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week