Friday, March 9, 2018

Kylee-Anne Drew Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Kylee-Anne Drew is a talented tap dancer, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Gate City. I am so
excited she agreed to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. I'm sure you'll enjoy what she had to say as much as I did!

So, let’s see what happens when Kylee-Anne Drew visits Section 36!


How did you celebrate winning the Miss Gate City Crown?
The night of the Miss Gate City Pageant I celebrated with my family and friends at a restaurant near by. It was a great time with family and being able to see my brother who worked in NYC at the time. We actually celebrated both my win of the title, his new job at Apple, and his big move to San Francisco at the same time! It was a night filled with love and excitement.

What has surprised you the most about your time as Miss Gate City?
Just being able to represent and get to know another area of our incredible state of NH is both surprising, and rewarding. It has been an amazing experience to meet and develop relationships with so many people, businesses, and organizations in the communities of Nashua!

What portion of the upcoming Miss NH competition are you most nervous about?
Having nerves about anything is an emotion that every human faces. I guess I wouldn’t say any particular phase of competition is making me nervous specifically, it’s more of an overall excitement that I have for the competition as a whole. I just want to make sure I portray my personality to the best of my abilities, and really just have fun and taking every moment in.

How did you select your platform: “Turn the Beat Around”?
My platform “Turn the Beat Around; Raising awareness about heart disease”, is a cause that really hits home for me. As a woman who has heart disease deeply rooted in my family heritage, it is very important for me to take good care of my heart and overall health. As the #1 cause of death for both men and women in America, I believe it is incredibly important that our communities and especially our youth, are educated on the importance of keeping a healthy heart. Partnering with the American Heart Association has given me a larger outlet with information and resources to do so. Although prevention is very important, knowing how to take action in a situation dealing with heart disease could be the difference between life and death. So trying to educate as many citizens on the signs of heart attack, cardiac arrest, and
stroke, and how to perform CPR, is one of the missions of my platform.

Your competition talent is tap dance. What is your favorite part about dancing on stage?
As a competitive dancer from a young age, I have always loved the way being on stage makes me feel. The excitement of being able to entertain an audience with a passion of mine genuinely makes me happy. The reason I have always favored the art of tap dancing over other genres of dance, is because with tap dancing I am not only a dancer, I become a musician. As a kid I always wanted
to play the drums, but with tap dancing I can do just that except instead of using my hands and drum sticks, just hand me a pair of tap shoes.

If you had a free weekend, how would you most want to fill your time?
If I had a free weekend I would take that opportunity to travel even if it is just a small road trip. I love to see new places and communities.

Who is your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?
My favorite current Red Sox player is Dustin Pedroia. Since he was drafted in 2004 I have enjoyed watching him play over the years!

If you can’t sit is Section 36, where do/would you like to sit to watch a Red Sox game?
If I couldn’t sit in Section 36, I would like to sit in the dugout box around the 30’s sections! It would definitely be a cool experience sitting so close to the action!

What is your favorite memory from the 2017 Red Sox season?
My favorite part of the 2017 season has to be the first game at Fenway on opening day against the Pittsburg Pirates! It’s always great looking forward to baseball season and coming out with our first win after a great game.

------

Agreed! I know I can't wait for Opening Day this season!

As always, I want to thank Kylee-Anne for visiting. It's great to learn a little bit more about a titleholder. I also want to thank her for sending along the pictures that accompany the interview. The one with the shoe just cracks me up!

As Kylee-Anne continues her time as Miss Gate City, I encourage you to follow her on the official Facebook page. 

And, of course, I want to wish Kylee-Anne luck this spring when she competes for the Miss New Hampshire crown. There will be so many women onstage with her this year who have visited Section 36. How awesome would it be for one of them to come out on top?

Thanks again Kylee-Anne, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week