Friday, March 23, 2018

Grace Orfao Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Grace Orfao is a talented dancer, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Auburn. I'm so glad that she
agreed to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. I'm sure you'll love what she has to say!

So, let’s see what happens when Grace Orfao visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate being crowned Miss Auburn?
After being fortunate enough to be crowned as Miss Auburn, I got to go out to eat with my loving friends and family. We celebrated with great Chinese food and a toast to the new year.

What has surprised you the most about your time as Miss Auburn?
What has surprised me most about my time as Miss Auburn (all of two months) is all of the help and support I have received from many people helping me get ready for the Miss New Hampshire pageant. With the State pageant next month there is a big time crunch with things like paperwork, wardrobe and being prepared for those tough judges interviews and on stage question!

You were able to finish in the top five at the last Miss New Hampshire competition. What did you learn from that experience that will help you this year?
With a lot of perseverance and hard work I was able to place in the top five and win overall talent at Miss New Hampshire last year. Being so young, and also a rookie, I had very little experience and or expectations. I would have been extremely appreciative and proud of myself no matter what the outcome. I learned many things not just from the program but also from the amazing women who are involved. The love and support for one another and the program is unreal and I only hope that it keeps spreading . I am honored to stand with these women again and to be able to compete for the amazing role as Miss New Hampshire.

What is your personal fitness routine?
My personal fitness routine consists of dancing almost every single
day! I have been dancing since the age of four and I chose to continue my career as a dance major at Dean College in Franklin, MA. Dancing everyday is not only fun and great workout, but it is also what I love most. Whether I am on the ground, in the air or at home in the kitchen, nine out of ten times you will catch me dancing. 

Why did you select your platform: Autism Awareness – Solving the Puzzle One Piece at a Time?
I have had an interest in Autism Awareness since I have been in the fourth grade. My mother worked as a paraprofessional in a special education classroom. This provided me the opportunity to interact with many students on the autism spectrum.  Spending time with these children, I quickly learned that they had personalities and interests like mine. My mom always showed such empathy and understanding towards her students and she inspired me. This all sparked my desire to educate my community on Autism Spectrum Disorders.

As a talented dancer, what’s your favorite part about performing on stage?
Being a dancer, my favorite part about being stage is sharing my
passion with everyone. There has always been something about being under the bright lights and having everyone in the audience put their focus on you. It gives me the opportunity to share a story and entertain people. To me, there is no better feeling in the world.

Who is your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?
My favorite Red Sox player has to be David Ortiz, even though he is no longer on the team, fans like my Dad and I will never forget about him. Ever since I was a little girl my Dad and I have bonded over this sport and it is something I am very grateful to have with him. Fortunate enough my family and I were at the game where Ortiz had three doubles and drove in two runs, giving him 1,119 extra-base hits to tie Hall of Famer George Brett.

Other than Section 36, where would you most like to sit to watch the Red Sox?
Other than section 36, my dream spot to sit and watch the Red Sox
play would be section 20, right near first base and where the players come out. I believe it has the most action and you really get to feel apart of the game.

What’s your prediction for the 2018 Red Sox season?

The Red Sox recently hired Alex Cora as a Manager, as well as few new players like JD Martinez. So I am confident that the Red Sox will have a very strong season just like the last. 

-------

I hope she's right! I'm looking forward to see how it all comes together.

As always, I want to thank Grace for visiting. It's always fun to learn more about a titleholder. I also want to thank her for sending along the pictures that accompany the interview. There were so many, and they made the post a lot more interesting.

As Grace continues her time as Miss Auburn, I encourage you to follow her on the official Facebook page. 

And, of course, I want to wish Grace luck this spring when she competes for the Miss New Hampshire crown. I'm flattered that there will be so many women onstage with her this year who have visited Section 36. How awesome would it be for one of them to come out on top?


Thanks again Grace, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week