Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Was Curt Schilling Any Good?

It’s been a while, so I thought it would be fun to dive back into the scorebooks and see how people performed with my watchful eye peering down on them.

Today I chose Curt Schilling. He had some good years with the Sox. He had some lost years with the Sox. How would that play out of games I scored? Let's see.



Wow. Pretty well I'd say.

First, I'm surprised I didn't see Schilling more. But, I guess he wasn't with the Sox as long as I was imagining. But, scoring six games of his is a decent sample. Especially when those two October starts were pretty important.

In the six games, Schilling had a 5-0 record. Not too shabby at all there. He also struck out 29 opposing batters under my watchful eye.

How did his performance project out to an entire season? My fictional Schilling season would see him win 27 games. But, to be honest, his other numbers are really less than spectacular. Sure, a 3.35 ERA and a 1.05 WHIP aren't exactly "bad". But, it's not like he was Pedro out there on the mound. Which, I suppose, means I saw the essence of Curt Schilling. Good in the Playoffs. Above average the rest of the time.

And, certainly not Pedro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week