In honor of International Talk Like a Pirate Day, here are 36 Things a Pirate Might Say
1. Ahoy Matey!
2. Welcome to PNC Park!
3. So, Hanley’s good again?
4. I can’t believe we got the Sox to take Jason Bay to replace Manny.
5. Boy, that 1903 World Series was a downer.
6. Wonder why Melancon couldn’t pitch in Boston.
7. Glad Ortiz will be retired before we face them in April!
8. Batten down the hatches!
9. Boy, that Sanchez trade worked out for us, eh matey?
10. Where’s a good place to eat in Altoona?
11. Remember when Brock Holt was a throw in?
12. Why doesn’t PNC have a Section 36?
13. Remember when we beat the Yankees in a walk-off World Series?
14. I miss the pillbox hats.
15. Wagner was better than Jeter.
16. Out of my way landlubber!
17. Can’t believe we’ve been eliminated already.
18. Remember when Bonds was clean?
19. Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
20. What’s a pierogi?
21. Tim Wakefiled won how many games for the Sox?
22. So, when we go to Fenway…there will be people in the stands?
23. We are family.
24. Have you seen Bucco D. Finch lately?
25. Wild Card games suck.
26. I miss Tim Neverett.
27. Fly the Jolly Roger!
28. Why aren’t we the Priviteers?
29. Why didn’t we play Brock Holt in the outfield?
30. Yellow bridges are pretty!
31. What’s the average temperature in Fenway on Opening Day?
32. Fenway needs more statues.
33. Boston has four Killer B’s?
34. How do you split an MVP award?
35. Avast ye scurvy dog!
36. I hate Cy Young
Can you think of more?