Saturday, August 10, 2013

From the Pedro Binder



2003 Flair

I’ll bet you can already guess the main problem I have with this card. What’s the brand name? Flair. How do I know this? Because it’s easily the most prominent thing on the card. It’s right there front and center. Ten, in case you missed it, they put it not once, but twice on the side of the card in a graphic. The team name? Player name? Those are on the bottom. Position? Tucked in the upper corner. But, we know it’s Flair.

Once you get beyond that annoyance, it’s not a terrible card. If you erased all the brand names, I think I’d like it a lot. Having Pedro come out of a cloud isn’t my favorite use of a picture but, as I’ve said, I understand the need for variety. Not every set can be Stadium Club. I also like how they snuck in the blown up version of the pic in the graphics on the sides. How subtle were they? I didn’t even realize it until I was writing this. But, there’s Pedro’s head on the top, his arms show up on the side graphics, and his legs at the bottom. Nicely done. It even has all the information I need on a card. Player name, team, position. Great. The card even adds Pedro’s number, for a nice bonus.


Now, if only that stuff were as important as the name of the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week