Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Draft Time!

One more step towards baseball season happened last night. I had the draft for my fantasy baseball league. We must be getting close to Opening Day!

I wasn’t going to mention my team here. I figured that nobody really cared who was on my fantasy team. Then I decided that nobody probably really cared about anything else I’ve posted here either. So, if it didn’t stop me before, why let it now? Here’s my team. It’s a ten-team league, 5x5, with large rosters.

C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
1B Kevin Youkilis
2B Dan Uggla
3B Martin Prado
SS Alexei Ramirez
CI Freddie Freeman
MI Jhonny Peralta
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
OF Matt Holliday
OF Carl Crawford
OF Jose Tabata
U David Ortiz
U Austin Jackson
U Mitch Moreland
B Todd Helton

SP Clayton Kershaw
SP Jon Lester
SP Josh Beckett
RP Jonathan Papelbon
RP Andrew Bailey
P Gio Gonzalez
P Chris Carpenter
P Clay Buchholz
B Javy Guerra
B Edwin Jackson
B Mark Melancon
B Tyler Clippard

Look at all those wonderful Red Sox! I had the fifth overall pick. Right in the middle. My first five picks were Ellsbury, Kershaw, Holliday, Lester, Youkilis.

I like the balance of the team. I have speed. I have power. I have high averages. My pitchers will win, and save. They’ll even strike guys out. I was able to get ten Red Sox, without sacrificing talent from other teams. I was even able to stock up on NL players so I won’t have to cheer for someone playing the Sox.

How’d your draft go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week