Friday, August 7, 2009

I’ll Never Learn

It’s getting a little sad. I keep sending out autograph requests through the mail, and the players keep ignoring me. Does that stop me? NO!

I tried two more former Red Sox today. Both won games for the Sox during the historic 2004 World Series. Both would be great additions to my collection.

I tried Derek Lowe. I’ve always been a huge D-Lowe fan, and thought it was about time to give him a shot. I was lucky enough to be at his no-hitter, so it would be great to be able to add his autograph. I’ve also historically had good luck with Braves players. Hopefully some of that luck rubs off on Lowe.

The other pitcher is Pedro Martinez. I shouldn’t have to explain why his autograph would be great. If he’s not the best pitcher ever, he’s in the conversation. The funny part is, this isn’t the first time I’ve sent a card to him. I sent him a request once when he was with the Dodgers. I sent him a card that pictured both him, and his brother Ramon. I asked him if he could sign it, and also have his brother sign it. I never heard back. It’s great to think though, that I actually tried to use Pedro, just to get Ramon’s autograph. My how times have changed. Hopefully, with the Phillies he won’t be so busy with fan mail. Maybe my letter will have a shot.

If not…what else is new?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week