Tuesday, February 27, 2024

2023 Topps Archives Blaster Opening!

I really like the Topps Archives brand. It’s a nice way to add variety to a set, both in design and player selection. You can get stars from years ago like Carl Yastrzemski, and the hottest rookies like Triston Casas. And the milti-design aspect to the base set means you’re never bored flipping through the packs. Just look at all the designs we had in this one blaster. I do wish the designs weren’t repeated quite so often year to year and brand to brand. I always thought Topps should have a system. Heritage keeps plugging along. The base set can have inserts sets of designs celebrating their 70th, 50th, and 30th anniversary. Archives can have 60th, 20th, and 10th anniversary. That way, a set wouldn’t be repeated for ten years, but every set gets to play along.

How did this blaster go? I'm glad you asked...


Here's the box, in case you're curious.


Here's a nice looking Devers. But, this is what I was talking about. Topps just did the '65 design as an insert set. Do we really need to see it again so soon in the Archives set? With so many designs to choose from?


The best card in the set, obviously. Hard to complain about Casas in the '56 design. But, still, '56 again?


The 2003 design is fairly rare, and so is Yaz himself. So, this one works for me.


Another '56. But, I mean, it's Nomar. Nothing wrong with this card.

So, all in all a pretty good haul. Lots of Red Sox representatives covering 60 years of Sox stars. Can't ask for much more.

If you want to see the rest of the box, go check out the opening on my YouTube video. And feel free to like/subscribe while you're there.

How did your box go?

2 comments:

  1. Sharp-looking cards. Especially like the Triston Casas.

    If you don't know me, check out my blog:
    doncardwelllovesthisblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that is a great one. Fits the design really well.

      Delete

What people are reading this week