Monday, August 7, 2023

2023 Topps Chrome Blaster!

See? I told you I was done with Bowman! How excited are you? Let's go back to flagship, but the chrome version this time. Like most people, I've always enjoyed the Chrome set, even if some of the luster seems to be wearing off these days. That's probably why they had to bribe people to buy the product last year. With all the weird high end sets pumping out, a simple shiny version of a card you already have seems a bit less special. But, it's still fun to open and see what you get. 

How did this box go? Let's find out!


Here's the box. Is this why the Orioles are suddenly good?


Apparently Topps thinks so. 


And, this is why the Red Sox are good. Rookies like this. Hopefully Casas has figured things out for good, and is ready to help carry this team for a bit. Either way, this is a nice card.


Speaking of nice cards of hot rookies, here's a super shiny version of Yoshida's rookie. Always fun to pull a refractor version of a key Red Sox card like this. Saves me the trouble of tracking it down on its own. This is going to be a fun one to have in my collection.

And, there you have it. Only two cards, but they're two of the best Red Sox ones in there. Plus, it's not like the blaster has a ton of cards to start with. So, I'm certainly not complaining about this.

How did your blaster go?

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Yoshida refractor! I stopped by my local Target two days ago, but they didn't have any new baseball products, and Walgreens only had Big League :/

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week