Friday, December 3, 2021

Bella Rose Visits Section 36!

Photo: Ferell Ann
Section 36 had another visitor! 
Bella Rose is passionate about thriving through grief, a talented singer, and the current Miss UNLV. I was so excited that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Bella Rose visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss UNLV crown?

Winning the title of Miss UNLV was unlike anything I have ever experienced in pageantry before. I did not get the traditional "crowning moment", but I celebrated by immediately hitting the ground running with Miss Nevada prep and expanding my social media presence as the new titleholder. Holding the title of Miss UNLV has been something I have wanted for years now, I could not think of a better way to celebrate than to start off my year with a bang!


What has surprised you the most about your short time as Miss UNLV?

Photo: Ferell Ann
The thing that has surprised me the most so far is the overwhelming support by the university, my teammates on the Pom Team, and the Miss Nevada Organization Family. For the last two and a half months, I have received numerous messages of congratulations and support. Coming from across the country to Las Vegas has been a huge change, but I am so grateful that I have such an amazing support team cheering me on!


You were previously a titleholder within the Miss Illinois Organization. Do you think that multi-state experience will help you at Miss Nevada?

I do think the multi-state experience will help me at Miss Nevada. My family is from Kentucky, I was raised in Illinois, and now my heart and soul are in Nevada. I like to think I can bring the southern charm and midwest humbleness to the Miss Nevada stage. I started in the teen program through the Miss Illinois Organization and it helped build me into the competitor I am today. While I love my home state, I am excited to start my Miss career in Nevada.


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Grieving to Growing”?

Photo: Ferell Ann
When my Dad passed away suddenly in 2018, I felt alone and like my entire world was crumbling around me at only fourteen years old. I spent over a year being depressed and not myself. After starting my social media-based blog account, Thriving By Bella, I found a community of people who shared similar experiences with grief. Through the power of social media and my own grief journey, I launched my social impact initiative "Grieving to Growing" three years ago. Since then, I have healed myself and other thrivers from around the world. 


As a talented singer, what do you enjoy most performing on stage?

My favorite part about performing is being able to connect with the audience through music. In the past, I sang the song "Stand By Me '' by Ben E. King. I choose music like this to bring the audience back to a certain time in their life. As an actress, I am allowed to also bring out my acting skills on stage and really perform the music beyond just singing lyrics. 


You’re a member of UNLV Pom. What is that experience like?

Being on the UNLV Pom Team has hands down been such a life-changing experience. The time management, leadership, and communication skills it takes to be a D1 student-athlete are unlike any other. Every practice I am surrounded by the most amazing and empowered women who choose to succeed on the team, in school, and ultimately in life. The tough practices make it so worth it when I get to cheer on my rebels at Allegiant Stadium.

 

If you could be a Disney Character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

If I could be a Disney character for a week, I would definitely choose Meg from my favorite Disney movie Hercules! I love her because she is so independent and self-empowered but towards the end of the movie, she is not afraid to show her emotional side. She also has some iconic one-liners too!


You’re currently studying sports media. Where do you see that field taking you?

Photo: Ferell Ann
Since starting Thriving By Bella, I have first-hand seen the power that social media holds. Being able to combine some of my favorite things such as social media, sports, and writing into a career was an obvious choice for me to go into sports media. Las Vegas is a huge sports hub right from all things Raiders to Golden Knights to UFC Fight Nights! In my opinion, Las Vegas is the city to start your sports media career. I see myself continuing to learn and use my Miss America Organization scholarship money to further my education past my undergrad. I would love to have the opportunity to work in any sports media field here!


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

One thing I want to do as Miss UNLV is throw the first pitch at a baseball game! Growing up, my family and I would always go see a baseball game around my birthday each year. These memories hold a special place in my heart. So, to be able to throw the first pitch at a game would be in dedication to my Dad and I's love for attending baseball games. 


---


That would definitely be a special experience!


As always, I want to thank Bella for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.


As Bella continues her time as Miss UNLV, I encourage you to check out her title's Instagram account! It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on! You should also be sure to follow Thriving by Bella on Instagram and Facebook for all the great content it has to offer.


I also want to wish Bella luck when she competes for Miss Nevada! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.


Thanks again Bella, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week