Friday, June 25, 2021

Wish Read Visits Section 36!

Photo by Ferell Ann Photography
Section 36 has another visitor! Wish Read is passionate about wellness, a talented singer, and the current Miss Paradise. I was thrilled that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Wish Read visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Paradise crown?

I was so excited to finally become a Miss! This is finally the big leagues of pageantry, to be really going for Miss America, so I was so happy to get my title. Miss Paradise was the title of my best friend when we were teen queens, so I told her first when I got my title, and she was so excited that I got to share that title with her.


What part of the upcoming Miss Nevada competition are you most nervous about? 

Is it cocky to say I am not nervous? This year I have really been looking for something that made me feel like myself again. The only thing I felt would give me that feeling would be completing again, as well as having the sisterhood surrounding me and the ability to better myself.  That is exactly what I love doing and being with people who are all there for each other for more than a crown and a sash, but a sisterhood.


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Paradise?

I would love to have videos out by the end of my reign that
teachers can send to students as resources for mental health. I feel like especially after the pandemic and going back to school, it is going to be a real shock to the system. I hope to be a video guide/friend to handling that shock and that experience. I plan on working on that series after Miss Nevada and before school starts, so it can be in the first week of school link for students in Nevada!

Photo by Ferell Ann Photography


How did you select your social impact initiative “Wishing For Wellness”?

Wishing for Wellness is the dream 6-year-old Wish had to have someone to look up to who made having a mental illness not so isolating. I just had this idea that I was the only one going through it, and the reality is I was not. No one, especially a child, should have to feel that isolation. If you have followed me throughout my pageant journey you may have seen my other social impact initiatives change, but truly I was so passionate about causes that did not affect me because I was not comfortable in helping myself. Now that I truly can look in the mirror and have a high level of self-awareness, I know this is the initiative that I will work on until my kids and grandkids know that experiencing mental health is a part of what makes us human.


What do you enjoy the most about performing your talent on stage?

My talent has such a special place in my heart. I will be singing Yesterday by The Beatles because my mother and grandmother are such big fans of the Beatles and when I was in high school I saw this heartwarming mother-daughter dance to the song that emphasized the relationship between mother and daughter and that always touched my heart and reminded me of them. I am beyond blessed to be able to tell my truth through this song. I have been working on it forever, so I am so excited to share it with everyone!


How would you complete the sentence, “I get great satisfaction when ___”?

I get great satisfaction when I mentor someone/inspires someone to be greater and better. In my life I was always my biggest motivator, I just wanted to impress myself and make myself proud as well as the Big Man Upstairs, but honestly, some of my greatest victories have come from my princesses going on to do amazing things with the things I taught them or even my mentees within the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society doing well in Students of the Year! I know it is truly my place on this Earth to inspire greatness in everyone I meet and I try to do that as often as possible.


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

Photo by Ferell Ann Photography

Not to play into my name, but I would love to be the Fairy Godmother, so I can grant wishes for people and truly make their dreams come true. I always admired her and just loved her attitude about life, that there is nothing in life that you can not turn around and that is how I try to look at life.


If you had an extra ticket to a Red Sox - Dodgers game, who would you take with you? Why?

I would take my dad because he can always find a life lesson in anything around us, so I would love to hear what he says. Also, I do not know why this happens, but crazy cool stuff happens when I am with my dad, so I know something awesome would happen at that game.


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

'Take me Out to the Ball Game' is always playing on repeat in my head, so I will have to get some peanuts and Cracker Jacks while I am there. Truly not a baseball game without that!


---


I completely agree!

As always, I want to thank Wish for visiting with us, and for sending along the fantastic pictures to go with the interview.

I encourage you to follow Wish on her title's  Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on!


I also definitely want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss Nevada title. It would be wonderful to have the first Section 36 visitor wear that crown!
 
Thanks again Wish, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week