Monday, June 28, 2021

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 61 (541-549)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set.

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 61?



Red Sox Cards on the Page
  

0. Not this time.


Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool 

Cards of young Hall of Famers are cool. Or, in the case of Billy Williams, old Hall of Famers with a team you probably forgot they played for.


My favorite card on the page 

Back to the Billy Williams. I always said that the 1975 Topps set is an amazing crossover set. You had players like Williams who played in the 50's, and players like Yount, Brett, and Ryan who played in the 90's. The end of some amazing careers, and the beginning of others.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?




3 comments:

  1. I found out about Billy Williams from this set, so he's always an Oakland A first for me (the next card of his I got was his '76 card, which also shows him with Oakland).

    Williams, Metzger and Joshua are the only cards I saw in '75, fairly nondescript page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, what makes this page cool is that you have a Hall of Fame in the center spot in bright green and yellow, surrounded by a bunch lesser known players in predominately brown and orange hues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice observation, and REALLY strange that it worked out that way.

      Delete

What people are reading this week