Friday, March 12, 2021

Glo Konieczny Visits Section 36!

Photo: Uneven Pavement Prod
Section 36 has another visitor! Glo Konieczny is passionate about fighting brain cancer, and the current Miss West Allis. I was excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. I was also thrilled that she is the first titleholder to visit from the state of Wisconsin!

So, let's see what happens when Glo Konieczny visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss West Allis crown?

This is still a blur to me, I remember them saying my name and then nothing until it was over! My parents came over to me and they had been crying and gave me a hug. It was not real! Afterwards I called my grandma, then got some ice cream with my family! 


What did you learn about yourself at the Miss West Allis competition that will help you when you compete for Miss Wisconsin? 

I learned a lot from having this crown for over a year now, I know that I just have to trust the process and know that what is meant to be will happen and not to put too much pressure on myself. There is a reason I won when I did and recognize that my experiences make me, me and not try to be anyone else!


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss West Allis?

Especially with holding this title for two years, there is so much time to really make a difference in the community and leave a lasting impact which is such a unique opportunity that I feel so blessed to have! One appearance I was especially excited for was the Wisconsin State Fair which is held in West Allis so I am hopeful to have the chance to participate this year. I would also really love to increase the overall number of appearances that I do, so it will make it easier for the next Miss West Allis to continue being present in the community. Finally, I'd love to make a connection to local businesses, schools, and other places in the West Allis area as it is truly a bustling city with a lot of things to do and fun experiences. 


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Fighting Brain Cancer: Together We Can Win”?

I have a huge connection with cancer initiatives. My Dad passed away from Brain Cancer when I was 7 and it has taught me a lot about understanding grief, living in each moment, and how to grow up in a unique situation. My SII has evolved since I won Miss West Allis and I have started to use it as an educational opportunity to help kids understand grief overall especially when it comes to terminal illnesses like cancer and how we can speak to kids about grief. 


What is your favorite part about performing your talent on stage?

I really have always enjoyed being on stage! There is something so fun about the adrenaline of performing and connecting with the audience. My goal on stage is to help the audience leave whatever is happening and just enjoy something different for a few minutes! It is something we don't get often so I love getting out of my comfort zone and getting lost in the moment. 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

oooo.. I could see myself enjoying being Rapunzel from Tangled for the week (once she is released from the tower of course!) I love the animal friends she has, the kingdom is amazing, plus I have always wanted to learn how to be good at painting like she is! Rapunzel is also fiercely independent and will do whatever her mind is set on which I love and feel connected to. 


You run your own photography studio. What do you enjoy about being behind the camera?

I really love capturing moments that people will keep forever.  They will look back at these photos and be transported back to a time when they were happiest. Pictures are meant to make people feel amazing and I enjoy getting to give that to someone, it is so special. I also love getting to be creative as well, where I get to see an idea I have come to life. 


If you had an extra ticket to a Red Sox - Brewers game, who would you take with you? Why?

This is a hard one because I am one of the biggest Brewers fans I know! I would take either my best friend from childhood because we have been to so many Brewers games together so it is one of our things - we have also visited the outside of Fenway before so if we were able to be in such a historic park it would check that off our list. If not her, probably my step dad! He would also love to go to Fenway for a game and he would deserve it! 

Is there a feature or activity in a game at American Family Field (formerly Miller Park) that you’d especially like to experience?

As any good Milwaukee gal, I would have to say participate in a Racing Sausage race during the bottom of the 6th inning! While I may be short in the costume, I think it is such a fun and historical event! If you have never heard of the racing sausages... I would say look them up! A close second would be Polka on the top of the dug out during the 7th inning stretch to Roll Out the Barrel, which is a tribute to our old team name! 

---

That would definitely be a lot of fun! 

As always, I want to thank Glo for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

As Glo continues her time as Miss West Allis, I encourage you to follow her official Instagram and Facebook accounts. They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on!


I also definitely want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss Wisconsin title. It would be wonderful to have the first Section 36 visitor wear that crown!
 
Thanks again Glo, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week