Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Chelsea Paulding Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Chelsea Paulding is passionate about advocating against domestic violence, a talented singer and dancer, and the current Miss West Georgia. I was excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. I was also honored that she is the first titleholder to visit from the state of Georgia!

So, let's see what happens when Chelsea Paulding visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss West Georgia crown?

I was so excited and super hungry afterwards so my family and I went to dinner to celebrate! The next day I told my other friends and family and the support and love was overwhelming. It was an amazing feeling but the hard work had just begun. 


What part of the upcoming Miss Georgia competition are you most nervous about? 

I am nervous in general about the entire experience because this is my 1st time competing in the Miss Georgia Competition, but I am mainly nervous about the talent portion. I  will be sining for the 1st time in front of a large crowd. I have sung my entire life with my cousins and family but never on stage. It will be nerve racking but I have been preparing and working with an amazing vocal coach who has been boosting my confidence and getting me show ready. 

  

What has been the most pleasant surprise about your time as Miss West Georgia?

The most pleasant surprise was being able to connect to not

Photo by The Cam Killa
only so many amazing women in Georgia but having an entire network of lovely women across the country to connect with, hear their stories, and have their support. It was truly the greatest sisterhood that I could ask for. I do not have biological sisters but knowing that so many ladies in the Miss America Organization come together to uplift each other is truly amazing! 


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Advocating Against Domestic Violence Amongst Women”?

While I was in my undergraduate program I took a course called Violence Against Women and did an internship at a domestic violence shelter named Promise Place and got to see first hand how so many women were victimized instead of loved within their relationships. I was able to help and allocate resources for them to live a life they deserved. I continued to advocate for all women who go through domestic violence situations because I want to see more survivors, not victims. By using my platform to spread awareness and encourage victims to seek help is one step closer to a new life and could potentially save a life.


What is your favorite part about performing your talent during a competition?

When I competed for Miss West Georgia, I danced and love to dance! I danced in high school with the marching band and for my undergraduate basketball dance team. I decided to sing for Miss Georgia because it has been a hidden talent of mine that I want to embrace. My favorite part of performing my talent is having the opportunity to come out of my comfort zone and embrace what makes me happy. 


What is your personal fitness routine?

I absolutely LOVE to workout and cherish fitness. I usually workout five days out of the week which consist of cardio and weight training. My eating habitats are generally healthy but I  love a good TollHouse chocolate chuck lovers cookie every now and then. I do believe that fitness is not just physical but also mental, so having that mental stability to push through and not give up on my healthy lifestyle is important. My love for physical and mental health lead me to starting my own nonprofit called Sis, You Got This. It focuses on promoting women's health both physically and mentally while embracing women's empowerment. 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I would definitely be princess Tiana because she is a hard worker, doesn't give up on her dream, and has a heart of gold for others. We embody the same characteristics and would love to be her for a week, especially in the rich culture of New Orleans. 


If you had an extra ticket to an Atlanta Braves game, who would you take with you? Why?

I would take my Poppop if he was still here. I went to my 1stBraves game with him and would do anything to have that time back with him again. He loved sports and loved spending time with his granddaughter, 


Is there a feature or activity at a Braves game that you’d especially like to experience?

I would love to throw the 1st pitch some day to start off the game! It probably wouldn't be the best pitch but it would certainly be an exciting experience! 


---

That would be so much fun! 

As always, I want to thank Chelsea for visiting with us, and for sending along the fantastic pictures to go with the interview.

As Chelsea continues her time as Miss West Georgia, I encourage you to follow her on Instagram. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on!


I also definitely want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss Georgia title. It would be wonderful to have the first Section 36 visitor wear that crown!
 
Thanks again Chelsea, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week