Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Was Dustin Pedroia Any Good?

With the recent news that Dustin Pedroia is taking a break from his rehabbing, and questioning whether he'd ever play again, I thought it would be a good time to look through my scorebooks and see how Pedroia performed while I was keeping score. Was he the little spark plug superstar people seem to get no he is? Only one way to find out.

Here are his stats!



They may be hard to read, but they're a pretty solid “meh”.

It looks like I saw Pedroia come to the plate almost 200 times while I was keeping score. He reached base in 32% of those appearances.

Projected over an entire season, he would have ended with a .260-7-51 stat line while slashing .320/.365/.685. Not exactly the stuff of legends.

It's also a significant step down from his career averages. So, it's safe to say that I didn't see Pedroia at his best. It's interesting, though, because I saw him for a good chunk of time, throughout his career. You would think that I'd get a good cross section. But, alas, I got a weak hitting middle infielder.

That's too bad.

How was Pedroia while you were in the park?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week