Friday, June 14, 2019

Alicia Capone Visits Section 36!

Photo by Rob Hare
Section 36 has another visitor! Alicia Capone cofounded a girls empowerment workshop, is a Red Sox fan, and a current member of the New England Patriots Cheerleaders! I'm thrilled that she was willing to take some time out of her busy schedule to talk to us about those topics, and a few more. I know you'll love reading what she had to say.

So, let’s see what happens when Alicia Capone visits Section 36!


You recently started StrongHER, a girl empowerment workshop, with your sister. How did that come about?
Daria and I wanted to make a positive impact in the community and realized there was no better way than to empower young girls. We noted there were many women empowerment workshops, but not many geared towards the youth and we wanted to change that! We did our research, started brainstorming and strongHER was born!

What are the goals and target audiences of StrongHER?
Our goal is to empower girls ages 11-18 years old to have the self confidence and mental toughness to achieve their goals and tackle any obstacle that comes their way!

If someone hosts one of your StrongHER workshops, what sorts if presentations/activities/etc can they expect?
Photo by Dwight Darian
In the 2 hour workshop we have, girls practice positive mindset, words of affirmation, visualization and goal setting. We like to make this fun so it’s taught through interactive lectures and activities!

You were recently selected to your second season as a New England Patriots Cheerleader. What do you think will be different about your experience this year?
I’m so grateful for another season cheering on the best team in the NFL! This year being a veteran I hope I can lead and guide the rookies through the season and help make their first year one they will never forget.

How did you celebrate making the squad?
This year I was lucky enough to be with some of the men and
Photo by Dwight Darian
women who participated in bootcamp. We got lunch and shortly after the team was announced. I was celebrating in Patriot Place with my new teammates. It was awesome!

What was the experience of cheering at Super Bowl LIII like?
I don’t even think I can put it into words as it still doesn't feel like real life! It was simple amazing and the whole experience in Atlanta is one I will never forget!

Who is your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?
I played softball for many years and I was a catcher so of course one of my favorite players on the current roster is Christian Vazquez.

Is there a feature or activity at Fenway park that you'd especially like to experience?
I really want to catch a ball at Fenway Park. Catching a homerun ball in the Green Monster or even in section 36 would be so cool!

What were you doing when the Red Sox won the 2018 World Series?
Well this is embarrassing... I was sleeping, BUT I can explain. I was watching the game Sunday night and the Sox were winning so I said to myself, "I have to be at work tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM. I should probably go to bed soon". So my plan was to set my alarm for midnight to watch the 9th inning and the celebration (since every game in the series has ended past midnight). Well of course the game got over before midnight so when my alarm woke me up I missed the 9th inning, but I was able to watch the team celebrate.

---

I guess we can forgive her for sleeping through the ending. I hope she catches that ball someday!

As always, I want to thank Alicia for visiting with us. It was great hearing everything she had to say! I love the ability to combine two New England sports teams in one interview like this too.

As a way to follow along with Alicia, I suggest you visit her New England Patriots Cheerleaders bio page. It's full of great information and pictures. You should also follow her on Instagram. It's a great way to follow her journey through the season, and hopefully another Super Bowl!

You should also be sure to check out the StrongHER website and Instagram account to see more of what the program is all about!

Thanks again for the visit Alicia, and Go Pats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week