Friday, February 15, 2019

Emily Spencer Visits Section 36!


Section 36 has another visitor! Emily Spencer is a talented dancer,
a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Bedford. I'm thrilled she was able to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. I'm sure you'll love reading what she had to say!

So, let’s see what happens when Emily Spencer visits Section 36!


How did you celebrate winning the Miss Bedford crown?
Right after I won the title of Miss Bedford I celebrated with my biggest supporters, my family! I actually live in Bedford along with
almost my entire family, including my ten cousins!! My parents and I went out to eat at 1750 taphouse and enjoyed some pizza and laughs:) It was funny because a lot of people who came to the pageant were there so the pictures never stopped! I also had on my new crown and sash so lots of people were asking me questions, I had never felt so famous!!!

As a former Miss Bedford’s Outstanding Teen, what makes you most excited about representing Bedford again?
As a former Miss Bedford’s Outstanding Teen, I am most excited to
represent my hometown again! I love representing my town because at each event, friends and family come to show their support! I recently had a fundraiser at my work, Table 8 Pasta, and so many people I knew came to support! I love sharing this amazing program with the people I love most! I feel that since I am from this town, people become even more engaged in the program because I can talk to them about it directly. I also have many connections because I am from Bedford which makes outreach and fundraising very easy to do! This town is extremely generous and I am so lucky to represent again! I was also very excited to have Emily and Melissa as my directors again!! They are the best :)

What part of the upcoming Miss NH competition are you most nervous about?
If I am being honest, I am actually not nervous about any of the Miss NH competition! There have been many changes with the Miss America 2.0 so I am excited to be a part of that change! I am so thankful and lucky to have the opportunity to compete for this title at such a young age. My intention is to go in and try my very best! I want to enjoy this year and learn more about what this program is all about! This program is not necessarily about winning, but about the connections you make, the skills you gain, and the experiences you have from this incredible program! I have already learned so much and have met some amazing people, I am excited to see what my future holds in this program! I still cannot believe I am going to be on that stage competing for such an honorable title!

How did you select your platform “adaptive sports: everyone gets into the game”?
I actually began working with my platform three years before I
became involved with this program. My platform, “Adaptive Sports get Everyone into the Game” is all about inclusion awareness and getting students with disabilities learning new skills and making new friends! I was a part of the launch of the first Adaptive Cheer Team in New Hampshire in 2013. Being involved with the cheer team for six years taught me a lot about life and the people in it. This team is so inspirational and proved everyday that they are so much more than their disability. From 2013 to now, they have grown into beautiful people and amazing cheerleaders. Our first year we did not do much but wave and cheer, but this past year we were able to do numerous stunts, tumbling, and even perform at
nationals! Seeing the growth of this team has filled my heart with so much joy and has inspired me to create a similar program through my school! I was so grateful and humbled to be able to have had this experience of working with this team for six years and now having the chance to share it with this program!


You recently performed the role of Clara in The Nutcracker. What was your favorite thing about that performance?
Performing the role of Clara in the Nutcracker was an absolute
dream come true. I have many passions in my life but dance is easily my biggest! My favorite part about being this role was seeing the faces of younger dancers as I rehearsed for my role. It brought me back to when I was young and dreamed of being Clara but never thought it would be possible. Being Clara this past year reminded me that the possibilities in this world are endless and there is always a reason to have hope!

If you could be any Disney character for a week, who would you choose?
Wow, this may be the hardest question because I am a big disney fan!! If I had to choose I would be Moana! She has a very spunky personality and is not afraid to be herself. I think that is the most important lesson a person can learn, to always be yourself and to not fear what people may think of you. She is adventurous and is not afraid to try new things! Plus I would love to live on an island for a week :)

Who is your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?
My favorite Red Sox player is Chris Sale! He is a pitcher on the Boston Red Sox who made his major league debut in 2010! He has set numerous strikeout-related records in the MLB! This pitcher is extremely talented and it’s still pretty early in his career, I am excited to see how he will continue to get better and hopefully contribute to more wins for the Red Sox!!

Is there a feature or activity at Fenway Park that you'd especially like to experience?
I would really love to attend a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park! I have actually never been to a game in Boston! My Dad and sister went last year and absolutely loved it! They said the energy there was electric so I would be so excited if I ever had the opportunity to attend a Red Sox game in Boston!

What were you doing when the Red Sox won the 2018 World Series?

When the Red Sox won the 2018 World Series I was actually on my way home from a college audition in Indiana! I was able to catch the end of the game though! There is always time to cheer on the Red Sox!!

---

So glad she was able to catch the end of the game! Hate to miss that.

As always, I want to give huge thanks to Emily for doing this interview. I also appreciate her providing so many fantastic pictures to accompany it. They're really perfect! I also want to wish her the best of luck as she competes for the Miss New Hampshire crown this spring. It would be an honor to have another former visitor take home that crown.

As Emily continues her time as Miss Bedford, I encourage you to follow her on her official Miss Bedford Facebook page. It’ll definitely be worth your time! 

Thanks again Emily, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week