Friday, September 7, 2018

Kara Jutras Visits Section 36!


Section 36 has another visitor! Kara Jutras is a musician, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Portsmouth Area. I’m thrilled she was
nice enough to take some time out of her schedule to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy reading everything she had to say!

So, let’s see what happens when Kara Jutras visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate being crowned Miss Portsmouth Area?
I celebrated being Miss Portsmouth Area by going out to Fratello’s Restaurant with my family!

How did you select your platform, “We need to Communicate! Supporting Hearing Parents of Deaf Children”?
I chose my platform, “We Need to Communicate! Supporting
Hearing Parents of Deaf Children” because I fell in love with the deaf world after taking an American Sign Language class in college. Although I am not fluent in ASL, I feel as though I am able to communicate enough to get to know the members of the Deaf Community (which is a fabulous community might I add!)

For the talent portion of the competition, you both sing and play guitar. How do you decide which song to perform?
I love singing and playing guitar and it is seriously so hard to pick a song to sing! County is my favorite genre but you don’t see a lot of that in pageants. However, being different is good and keeps things interesting! I chose the song Jolene, by Dolly Parton to sing at Miss New Hampshire. It was a song that I could sing confidently with some attitude and really engage the audience.

Is there a goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Portsmouth Area?
My goal as Miss Portsmouth Area is to really get to know my community. I am looking forward to meeting a lot of kids in the area and getting them involved. Portsmouth also has a very large Deaf Community, so I am excited to do a lot aimed at my platform!

You recently returned from a trip to Italy. What was that experience like?
My trip to Italy was fantastic. It was so amazing to experience a
different country as it was my first time out of the USA! And the food – to die for! I traveled to Rome, Florence, Perugia and Assisi, all of which were breathtaking. I would love to go back some day!

If you had an extra ticket to Section 36 to watch the Red Sox, who would you bring with you?
If I had an extra ticket to Section 36 to watch the Red Sox, I would bring one of my brothers! They are huge baseball fans and love to both watch and play.

Who is your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?

My favorite current Red Sox player is David Price as he is an outstanding pitcher!

How will the Red Sox finish the 2018 season?
I think (and hope) the Red Sox will take this season home! I’ll be rooting for them!

—-

I’m not going to argue with that. Not with this team.
As always, I want to give huge thanks to Kara for doing this interview. I also want to thank her for providing so many amazing pictures to accompany the interview. They make it a lot more fun for everyone.

As Kara continues her time as Miss Portsmouth Area, I encourage you to follow her on her official Miss Portsmouth Area Facebook page. It’ll be lots of fun!

I also want to wish Kara the best of luck this spring as she competes for the Miss New Hampshire crown! It would be incredible to have another Section 36 visitor take home that title! 

Thanks again Kara, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week