Friday, December 1, 2017

Kaitlin Soucy Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Kaitlin Soucy is a talented dancer, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Capital Area. Since it's been a
few months now since she won her crown, I decided to see if she'd like to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. I was so glad when she agreed. I’m sure you’ll be glad she did too.


So, let’s see what happens when Kaitlin Soucy visits Section 36!

Why did you decide to compete for the Miss Capital Area title?
Every year, I compete in local competitions as a chance to be able to promote my personal platform, win scholarships, and hopefully be able to make it back to the state pageant. Miss Capital Area was my fourth pageant of the season, and I was really excited to have the chance to be able to work with the director Michelle Hanson. Michelle is one of the best directors I know, and to have the year to work with her is an absolute blast!  

How did you celebrate being crowned Miss Capital Area?
I have a bit of a weird tradition that I do after I win a pageant, and that is to go home and order Domino’s Pizza. It is a little strange, but Domino’s is my favorite place to order from and there is always time for pizza! 

Which part of the upcoming Miss NH competition are you most nervous about?
My mindset going into Miss New Hampshire last year was to just have fun and whatever happens, happens. It was my first year and I did not expect anything because I was still getting my feet wet in the Miss division. This year I really want to go in with that mindset again, and to just have fun with the experience. Of course, you always get a little bit nervous before each phase of competition, but I really try to focus on just having fun and being me!  

What has surprised you the most about your time as Miss Capital Area?
What has surprised me the most about being Miss Capital Area is how close the city and community of Concord is. I am from Manchester, so I never really spent a lot of time in the Concord area. But every time I am in Concord, it amazes me how close the people are and how caring the community is. Everyone comes together to support one another, and it is really cool to see. 

How did you choose your platform, “Volunteerism: Lead the Change You Wish to See in the World”?
I chose my platform, “Volunteerism: Lead the Change You Wish to See in the World” because volunteering has always been a cause that I hold near and dear to my heart. Growing up, I attended a school district that has a large population of low income students, and the need for help in the community was always great. I have been very fortunate in my life to have grown up with a family has not had to worry about where our next meal is coming from, or if there would be a roof over my head every night. Going to school every day and seeing the diversity that is in my school’s population has opened my eyes to the needs that not only my community, but the surrounding communities are faced with every day. I chose to make this diversity something to motivate me to make a change, rather than just be a number in the population who goes to school every day, does their work, and leaves at the bell. 

Your talent for the competition is “ballet en pointe”. What’s your favorite thing about dancing on stage?
My favorite thing about dancing on stage is the rush of adrenaline you get when you take that first step and the music starts playing. I have been dancing for seventeen years, and it holds a really special place in my heart and is something I am really passionate about. To be able to share that love and passion is one of the best feelings in the world. 

Who is/was your favorite Red Sox player/ Why?
My favorite Red Sox player would have to be Dustin Pedroia because even though he wasn’t the biggest guy on the team, he proved that size doesn’t matter as long as you are willing to work hard and never give up!

What’s the best part about sitting in Fenway Park to watch the Red Sox?
The best part about sitting in Fenway Park to watch the Red Sox is that you are always with your friends and family and it is such an energetic atmosphere where everyone comes together. I really don’t think there is anything like it! 

What is your favorite memory from the 2017 Red Sox season?
My favorite memory of the 2017 Red Sox season would be when I got to go for my senior class trip in May. It was such a fun night out with my friends as we celebrated the last couple of weeks we had together in high school. At the game we got Class of 2017 Red Sox t-shirts and the entire night was such a fun time, even if we got back at 12:45 in the morning and had school the next day! 

----

That definitely sounds like an amazing trip!

As always, I want to thank Kaitlin for doing this interview. I'm always flattered when someone takes time out of their day for a visit. I also want to thank her for providing the pictures to accompany the interview. Did you notice the one of her in Section 36? Perfection!

As Kaitlin continues her time as Miss Capital Area, I encourage you to follow her on the official Facebook page

And, of course, I want to wish Kaitlin luck this summer when she competes for the Miss New Hampshire crown. There will be a few prior visitors there. How awesome would it be for a Section 36 visitor to come out on top?

Thanks again Kaitlin, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week