Sunday, July 26, 2015

Pedro From the Past

I was having trouble. I wanted to post something today about Pedro, obviously. But, I was having trouble. Not that there was nothing to say about him, obviously. There's always plenty to say about the best pitcher in at least a couple generations. No, the problem is that I've said most of it already. So, I decided to cheat a little. I decided to share some links to all the stuff I've already said about Pedro, since I really can't tell it any better than I already have.

I did try a short recap the other day. If you missed it, check it out here: Pedro

When Pedro was elected to the Hall of Fame, I decided it would be fun to record just how he performed when I was in the ark watching him. Spoiler alert - we has amazing! How do your numbers compare? Pedro Live

Three years ago, I wrote about my small collection of Pedro Salsa. I still wonder if anyone actually bought these to eat, or if everyone was saving them unopened like I did. Pedro Salsa

Of course, Pedro scorecards are some of my favorites. I talked about a few of them here: May 6, 2000 September 4, 2000  June 8, 2000

As you might expect, Pedro games made up a good chunk of my list of best games I'd ever seen. I should redo this this at some point and see if new games should be added. What does your list look like? How often is Pedro on it? Best games

Also as you might imagine, Pedro cards have a special place in my baseball card collection. I feature them every once in a while. Here's the most recent one. From the Pedro Binder

I even wrote about him at least once when he was with the Phillies. Just Like the Old Days

If you're writing the Red Sox alphabet, could "M" be for anyone else? M is for...

I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Pedro. He's such a big part of Red Sox history, he was a big part of this blog.

It's been so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week