Friday, June 28, 2024

Jordan Naylor Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Jordan Naylor is passionate about CPR, a talented dancer, and the current Miss Alaska. I was so thrilled that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 

So, let's see what happens when Jordan Naylor visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Alaska crown? 

I had a big plate of pasta with my best friend. After seeing all of my family and taking a lot of photos, relaxing with my best friend was the perfect way to finish the evening. 


What is something Jessica Reisinger did as Miss Alaska that you would like to emulate? 

Jessica is an amazing human. Being able to attend Med school AND be Miss Alaska?? Wow. I hope that I can attend a lot of the same events and continue to support some of the organizations that she focused on throughout her year. Also, just being a light like she was. Every time I saw her, she had a smile on her face and was enjoying every moment. That is my goal-- serve with a smile and enjoy every single moment. 


Having previously served as both Miss Alaska’s Teen and as Miss Alaska USA, do you think that national experience will help you at the Miss America competition?

 I think my previous experience gives me an idea of what to expect going to a national pageant and maybe be slightly more prepared than I even was attending Miss USA. It will definitely help me pack! 


How did you select your Community Service Initiative? 

Each and every day, I meet someone who has dealt with cardiovascular disease in some capacity. It could be through the death of a family member or friend, living with the disease themselves, or knowing someone who lives with the disease. It is a silent and deadly killer. Last year, the entire nation saw the importance of CPR. When Damar Hamilton went down the EMTs were right there to keep his heart beating. Living in a place like Alaska, we have a much larger area and it takes longer for emergency services to get to you if you go down on a hike, or while you're camping, or fishing, or just at your cabin. For some people, they live 70 miles from the closest medical professional by dog sled. It is critical for Alaskans to learn hands only CPR because it could be the difference between life and death in SO many situations. I want to be a force that helps Alaskans feel confident that they can step in during that emergency situation. 


What do you enjoy most about performing your talent on stage? 

I feel like I get to show so much of my personality when I am dancing. The sass and fun side I get to portray is so much fun for me.


If you could be an animated character for a week, who would you choose? Why? 

Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon. He's so cool. I would like to see what it's like being a dragon, I mean why not. 


What is your personal fitness routine? 

I work with Morgan Morgan and she is AMAZING. My fitness routine fluctuates with my goals. I love a good lifting session in the gym, but you can also catch me hiking in Alaska. Thankfully, when you live in the land of the midnight sun the hikes are endless and beautiful. 


If you had an extra ticket to see an Alaska Baseball League game, who would you take with you? Why? 

I am actually throwing the first pitch at a Glacier Pilots game this weekend! I am taking my mom. We love going and supporting the teams. Also, who doesn't love to sit and enjoy America's favorite pastime? My mom is the best plus one to every event. We are always laughing and having a great time. I am really excited to spend this next year with her at all of the events I am able to attend. 


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience? 

Throwing the first pitch at a game was one of the first things I put on my list that I wanted to do as Miss Alaska. I am excited to be marking that one off this weekend at the Summer Solstice Game. It is a double header that starts at 9pm, and we never have to turn the stadium lights on because the sun never sets. Just another wonder of living in Alaska. 


----


She did a great job with that pitch too!

As always, I want to thank Jordan for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss America! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Jordan during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account and website
They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything. 


Thanks again Jordan, and good luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week