Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Marina DeNunzio Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Marina DeNunzio is passionate about sustainability, an event planner, and the current Miss Buckeye State. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Marina DeNunzio visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate the Miss Buckeye State crown?

I decided to get food with friends at our favorite Mexican place on campus! It was a great way to celebrate with friends and get excited about Miss Ohio.


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Buckeye State?

My biggest goal was to meet with student Environmental/Earth Club’s around Central and Northeast Ohio. I’ve actually been able to already accomplish that goal! I’ve met with three clubs already, sharing educational resources from our organization partners and helping them create goals for their club for next school year. As a future educator and environmental advocate, empowering our students to care for Earth is so important to me and these students have taught me just as much as I have taught them! 


What portion of the upcoming Miss Ohio competition are you most nervous about?

I’m most nervous about the private interview portion- mainly

because I’m so excited to tell the judges about myself and my mission I hope I can get it all in in 10 minutes! 


How did you select your community service initiative, “The SAVE Initiative”?

I started SAVE when I was around 15 and competing in the Miss Ohio’s Outstanding Teen program. It’s taken on a few names since then but the love of environmentalism and teaching people about sustainability has remained the same. My mom instilled in me a love of the environment early on so when I first started seriously volunteering with Cleveland organizations like the Donnybrook Watershed and Drink Local Drink Tap, it became the obvious choice for my teen platform and now my CSI. SAVE has led to me take on roles like Director of Sustainability in Ohio State’s student government and expand my reach into Central Ohio as well. I love this planet and think its super important we take care of it, so I’m just sharing that message with everyone who will listen! 


What is your favorite part about performing your talent on stage?

I’ve been singing since I was little and it’s my favorite form of expression. Being able to share that love of music with the judges and audience is something so special.


You are pursuing a career in education. What do you enjoy about that field?

I student taught for spring semester last year and had a blast. Being able to connect with my students is on of my favorite things. I’m super excited to have my own classroom one day soon and share my love of history with middle or high schoolers. Not every student enjoys history but if I can make it even a fraction more fun for them, that’s enough for me. 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

Jessie from Toy Story! I love the Toy Story movies and I’d love to be a cowgirl in that universe. 


If you had an extra ticket to see the Red Sox play the Guardians, who would you take with you? Why?

Funnily enough, I have tickets with my family to go see the Guards play the Red Sox right before I move into my Miss Ohio host home. My first answer would be my dad who gave me his love of baseball but since he and my mom are already going, I’d love to take my best friend of 12 years, Tiffany. 


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

I would love to throw the ceremonial first pitch or sing the National anthem! I’m hoping to do both very soon. 


---

I'll definitely be on the lookout for pics from all those opportunities!

As always, I want to thank Marina for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss Ohio! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Marina during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything.


Thanks again Marina, and good luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week