Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Ginger Ragaishis Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Ginger Ragaishis is passionate about hidden disabilities, and the current Miss Vermont's Teen. I was so thrilled she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Ginger Ragaishis visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Vermont’s Teen crown?

I went out to dinner with my family, and I wore my crown and sash to dinner in the hotel. It was literally the best day of my life and I couldn’t stop smiling.


What part of the upcoming Miss America’s Teen competition are you most nervous about?

I’m very nervous for talent because I really want it to be perfect and I am trying to step out of my comfort zone with a new genre. I want to be interesting and fun and I need it to be very "teen". I also want to be unique and I wanted to capture the judges attention. So I’m going to really do something different and maybe even do something that they’ve never seen before. 

 

Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Vermont’s Teen?

I would really love to increase the reach of the organization so that there are a lot of girls next year competing. And who knows, maybe Vermont could have a team competition and a miss competition that are separate. That would be very exciting. I’d also like to be able to teach all the delegates how to be great fundraisers, so that the Miss Vermont organization could really raise a lot of money, since I am currently still in the lead as one of the top spot fundraisers nationally for all teens. 


How did you select your “hidden disabilities” CSI?

I knew I always wanted to create a website around my learning disability, and after watching my brother create his website in high school called www.livesmartplaysmart.com I got inspired and wanted to create my website www.defyinglimits.net. The Miss America organization gave me the platform. I actually have a learning disability and that’s where I got my idea from because I have always struggled since I can remember with school and just wanted to share my story about my learning disability and how it can affect others.

 

If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

Normally, I would choose Ariel. But she lives in the ocean and I am scared of the ocean. So not Ariel. I would probably want to live as Jasmine, because who wouldn’t want to fly on a magic carpet?

 

If you had an extra ticket to see the Red Sox play in Fenway, who would you take with you? Why?

If I had a ticket to see the Red Sox play at Fenway Park. I would take my uncle Jim with me because he is a Twins fan and he’s the only person I know who loves baseball. And, I’m pretty sure that the Red Sox play the Twins at some point. 


---


That would definitely work at some point!

As always, I want to thank Ginger for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss America's Teen! It would be fantastic to have the first Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Ginger during her journey. She already gave you the website for her CSI, and you can follow that on Instagram too. You should also check out her title's Instagram account as well. They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything.


Thanks again Ginger, and good luck!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week