Friday, March 18, 2022

Tori Brooks Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Tori Brooks is passionate about Empowerment, a talented dancer, and the current Miss Sacramento County. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Tori Brooks visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Sacramento County crown?

I celebrated the only way I know how and that is with a churro donut and ice cream surrounded by my loved ones.


What portion of the Miss California competition are you most nervous about?

When I think of being nervous about Miss California, I envision what part of the competition is most important to me and that is representing my county. I hope to showcase the culture, people and Sacramento spirit to the best of my ability while on and off the stage. 


What has been the most pleasant surprise about your time as Miss Sacramento County?

The most pleasant surprise of becoming Miss Sacramento County has been meeting and networking with all the lovely individuals that support this program. Their vision for a future filled with successful, goal and service-oriented women are the pillars of this program, and I am blessed that I can work with them.


How did you select your social impact, “GEM - Growing, Empowering and Motivating”?

I decided to create GEM after having the privilege of serving alongside domestic violence and trafficking victims at my local women’s shelter. I saw a need for change and awareness and made GEM to reconnect these survivors with their inner beauty and resources to aid in their recovery.  


As a talented dancer, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

What I enjoy most about performing on stage is being able to engage my audience in something that makes them smile. Polynesian dance is a unique gift that lets me give back to my community and build on my skills as a dancer. 


You’re currently a Physician Assistant Student at UC Davis Betty Irene School of Nursing. What drew you to that field?

The greater focus on patient care and quality of care is what drew me to my career. I have a passion for service and this field allows me to nurture my intellectual side while also providing patients with care they feel comfortable with. 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

Mulan is one of my favorite Disney characters and I would love to walk in her shoes for a week. My reasoning is that she isn’t afraid of being different or uncomfortable if it means fighting what she believes in, and I aim to be a representative of that every day.


If you had an extra ticket to see a Yankees - Athletics game, who would you take with you? Why?

I would take my mother to thank her for all the sacrifices she has made to help me succeed. The Yankee’s game would be a perfect way for me to show her my gratitude and share my love of baseball.


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

If I could pick any aspect of a baseball game to be involved in, it would be to watch the game with the players from their dugout. As a previous softball player, the most exhilarating part of the game was being surrounded by my team’s energy and focus while the game was underway. It would be incredible to experience that with a professional team.


---


Agreed, that would be an amazing experience!


As usual, I want to thank Tori for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.


I also want to wish Tori luck when she competes for Miss California! It would be fantastic to have the first Section 36 Forever wear that crown.


I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Tori during her journey as Miss Sacramento County. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on.


Thanks again Tori, and good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week