Friday, March 4, 2022

Bre Paquette Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Bre Paquette is passionate about mental health, a talented dancer, and the current Miss Kingston. I was so excited that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Bre Paquette visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Kingston crown? 

Everyone who does or has competed in pageants knows how much work goes into it. After being crowned Miss Kingston I celebrated with a bunch of my friends and we all relaxed and had a huge movie night! I was extremely tired from the day and I personally think the best way to celebrate is to get your favorite comfy clothes on and relax! 


What has been your most pleasant surprise about your time as Miss Kingston?

How many new people I've had the privilege of meeting or working with. My year so far I’ve made so many new relationships and have such great support. I’m so thankful that this organiztions opens so many doors for me and allows me these opportunities to meet such genuine, kind hearted people. 


What is something Ashley Marsh is doing as Miss New Hampshire that you would want to emulate? 

I love how Ashley is so active on social media. She creates such amazing posts and makes the greatest Tiktoks and I would definitely wanna keep up that energy. Social media can be such a powerful and positive place if used correctly and Ashley has been doing such an outstanding job and she created a very good habit as Miss New Hampshire. 


How did you select your social impact initiative? 

I always say I didn’t choose my social impact, It chose me. I grew up surrounded by many family members who struggled with mental health illnesses. My father suffered from depression and addiction with both alcohol and drugs. My mother struggled heavily with an anxiety disorder which I was diagnosed with in the 7th grade. When I had to grow up in a household with both parents who were challenged everyday with their mental health, it not only just impacted them but my brother and I as well. Though my situation was difficult, I learned a lot. I like to say that I am an extremely observant person and throughout all of this, I’ve gained a tremendous amount of wisdom and knowledge surrounding mental health issues and addiction which has made me the advocate I am today. Most of everything I talk about onstage and off stage comes from all personal experiences and what I’ve learned from it. It’s a part of who I am and I am extremely proud of it.

 

What is your favorite part about performing your talent on stage? 

Talent is my favorite part of competing. I always do a very upbeat, fierce, acrobatic and jazz dance. I think my talent is what showcases my personality the best. I’m also just a born performer. I’ve cheered and danced for most of my life and grew up center of the mat or stage performing. I’ve always had so much energy and sass that when I get out on stage I’m able to express it all and put on a show! I love when I dance onstage and I start to feel connected with

the audience and judges. I want them to not want to take their eyes off me and I love to entertain and my talent definitely reaches that goal. 


How would you complete the sentence, “ I get great satisfaction when” 

I get great satisfaction when someone tells me that my story helped them. Sometimes I struggle with mental health challenges even up to this day. And when I do, I start to lose a lot of confidence in myself as an advocate and role model in this organization. But when I hear from someone that something I said in an onstage interview, a post I posted on instagram, or even a video I’ve made impacted them and helped them, It makes everything all worth it. It’s why I do what I do, I want to share my story, my knowledge to anyone I can help. Even if it's the smallest nudge in the right direction, It makes me feel so indescribably happy. 


If you could be any Disney character for a week, who would you choose? 

I would definitely want to be Moana. She is so brave and true to her heart and she reminds me a lot of myself. Moana is extremely strong-willed and family driven. She is a leader and when she knows what is right in her heart, she will follow it. Even when everyone around her may disagree, she will still get on the boat and do what she knows is right. She also seems like she has such a fun life! She sails on boats all day and is always at the beach with her cute animal sidekicks, sounds like a life I would absolutely love to have. 


If you had an extra ticket to see the Red Sox game at Fenway, who would you take with you? and why? 

I would 100%, without a doubt, take my brother. My Brother, Ben and I have always been best friends. Since I was born, he's always been the sweetest and most protective older brother. But he was always my best friend. We did everything together our entire lives. He included me in everything and even though now with us going to be 20 and 23, we are still so extremely close and there would be no one else I’d want to take with me. I know for a fact my brother would do everything in his power to make sure I was always laughing and having the best time. But I also know he would keep me safe so I wouldn’t have to worry, which is one of my favorite things about him. 


Is there a feature or activity at a Red Sox game that you’d especially like to experience?

I love watching when they let kids or adults come out to the field and let them throw the first pitch. Typically these people get recognized for something they have done and I really love hearing all the amazing things that our community is doing.


---


Those are great moments!


As usual, I want to thank Bre for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.


As Bre continues her time as Miss Kingston, I encourage you to check out her title's Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on! 


I also want to wish Bre luck when she competes for Miss New Hampshire! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.


Thanks again Bre, and good luck!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Brielle ,I your father. I am so proud to be you have amazed me for the last 19 years.one of kind you came out of so many ups and downs stronger smarter.and with a beautiful heart.so proud of you taking hard times and use them for good and positive outlets..so excited to see what the future has for you .keep being you and taking negative and turn it into positive.. that's the secret to success I love you so much your Dad.Deeoo..

    ReplyDelete
  3. To my Amazing, sweet incredible girl. You are so strong, and such a gift to everyone around you. Your beauty goes so deep and I can’t express how proud I am of every single accomplishment in your life. Tears filled while reading this and thinking of the future ahead is absolutely indescribable!!! I love you baby girl , forever and more Momma

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week