Monday, July 26, 2021

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 65 (577-585)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set.

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 65?


Red Sox Cards on the Page  

0. Once again, a shutout.


Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool 

Players from the 1975 World Series are cool. Chaney barely qualifies for that. Cards of Hall of Famers are cool. Young HOFers are cooler, but nothing uncool about a Frank Robinson. Well, except for the crease going down the side of the card.


My favorite card on the page 

It would be hard to compete with the Robinson on a good page, and this is not a good page. While I enjoy the consecutive cards of players wearing coats under their uniforms, the best card is the one of the all-time great. Even in the slightly less familiar uniform. A fantastic card.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?

3 comments:

  1. Now that's a pretty dull page. I'm going with the Mike Garman as it's the only card besides the Morris that I saw in '75. And the Morris is just a head shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Robinson and his retro Guardians hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy seeing photographs with the Oakland Coliseum in the background... so Eduardo Rodriguez gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week