Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Jaymie Bianca Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Jaymie Bianca is passionate about providing opportunities for everyone, a talented twirler, and the current Miss Bristol. I was excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.
 
So, let's see what happens when Jaymie Bianca Visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Bristol crown?

The first time I was crowned Miss Bristol was before the pandemic hit, so I was able to celebrate surrounded by my family and friends! The night I earned the title, my mom actually recalled a conversation she had with me when I was five years old, right after we watched the Miss Bristol competition. After the show was over, I said to her “I want to be Miss Bristol one day!” So the moment my crowning happened, I had tears in my eyes knowing that my childhood dream just came to fruition. 


What part of the upcoming Miss Connecticut competition are you most nervous about?

My talent is baton twirling, and while I have been twirling for 19
Photo by CS Marchand

years, I occasionally become a little nervous before twirling onstage. This is due to a variety of factors, including my desire to have a perfect, no drop performance. Additionally, my eyes are extremely sensitive to light, so I have to ensure the stage lights do not bother my eyes, but I also need them bright enough to see my batons! A lot of technicalities are involved with my talent, but once my music begins to play and I hear the crowd cheering, I forget my nerves and enjoy the sport I love dearly.


Due to COVID this is your second year as Miss Bristol. What is it like to be able to represent your hometown for an extended period of time?

Being able to represent my hometown for one year was a dream, but getting an extended reign is just icing on the cake! I am blessed to have another year as Miss Bristol because I have learned numerous lessons from my first year which have helped me implement plans and initiatives for my second year as Miss Bristol. I have another year to make an impact in my home, and while COVID has taken so much away, I am grateful that an opportunity to have an extended reign as Miss Bristol was able to come out of it.  


How did you select your social impact initiative?

My social impact initiative is called “OpportunAbility- Providing Opportunities for People of All Abilities. My SII aims to create opportunities for all individuals and break free from the stigma of ableism. My brother initially inspired by SII, since he was diagnosed with Autism at the age of two. For many years, he was nonverbal. However, it was through the opportunities he received through sports, the arts, and scholastic extracurricular activities that he was able to find his voice, and is now considered a verbal communicator. I also could not walk for the first couple years of my life, but through baton twirling and dance, I started to develop strength in my legs. I now teach adaptive baton twirling and movement classes across the state of Connecticut, and I am hoping to expand this opportunity across the United States.


As a talented twirler, what is your favorite part about performing on stage?

Photo by CS Marchand
I love the feeling when the crowd cheers after I catch a trick! It truly motivates me to perform to the best of my ability, and show the audience how much I truly love baton twirling!


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I would definitely be Belle! I have loved princess Belle ever since I was little, and even dressed up as her for Halloween one year (while my brother dressed up as the Beast!) I related a lot to Belle since she is also an avid reader like myself, and she accepts people for who they are on the inside, which is one of my main tenants of life as well.


How would you finish the sentence, “I get great satisfaction when ___”?

I get great satisfaction when I am writing! Writing allows me to feel free, and it is incredibly reliving to get my thoughts onto paper. I am also an award winning poet, and one of my majors in college is Creative Writing. I am so lucky to be able to turn a hobby I’ve had since I was a little girl into something I am able to study at the collegiate level!


If you had an extra ticket to a Red Sox - Yankees game, who would you take with you? Why?

Red Sox all the way! I would definitely take my twin brother,

Brandon. He is the team manager for the football and basketball team at his school, so he loves sports very much! I know he would enjoy spending a day at Fenway watching baseball and eating!


Is there a feature or activity of a game at Fenway that you’d especially like to experience?

My family really wanted to attend the Autism Awareness game, but it was unfortunately cancelled due to COVID. When it happens again, I would love to attend since Autism Awareness means the world to me. 


---

I hope she gets to do that! 

As always, I want to thank Jaymie for visiting with us, and for sending along the wonderful pictures to go with the interview.

As Jaymie continues her time as Miss Bristol, I encourage you to follow her Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on!


I also definitely want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss Connecticut title. It would be wonderful to have another Section 36 visitor wear that crown!
 
Thanks again Jaymie, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week