Tuesday, April 21, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 18 (154-162)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 18?




Red Sox Cards on the Page:  0. Another shutout.

Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: Participants in the 1975 World Series are cool. Pedro Borbon was one. He gave up two of the runs on the game tying home run by Bernie Carbo in game six. That clutch homer is often overshadowed by another home run later in the same game.

My favorite card on the page: I'll go with the Dave Kingman. He's the only other player on the page that I had heard of before. Here's one of his fun early cards. Didn't know he played for the Giants.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?

2 comments:

  1. Cards that make that page cool: Jim Bibby. I liked that card instantly in '75. That's my favorite card on the page, too.

    P.S: Still mad at Nettles. For 1978 and that it was one of the last cards I needed to complete that set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete

What people are reading this week