Tuesday, February 25, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 12 (100-108)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 


Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.


How about we continue with page 12?



Red Sox Cards on the Page:  1. After a long drought, we got one!


Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: Ok, if page 11 was a dud with the coolness factor, this one more than makes up for it. what are some of the coolness categories? 1) 1975 World Series team members. We have one from each side on this page. 2) Cards of young Hall of Famers. While "young" may be pushing it, there's a mid-career Willie Stargell on the page. And, while Bill Madlock isn't a Hall of Famer, it's an early card of a Pirates legend. 3) Team cards. Check. Not only that, but it's an early representative of a team that no longer exists. Very cool. 4) Managers as players. When I started this set build, The Human Rain Delay was very much still on my mind as a manager. A rookie cup card of his is definitely cool.


My favorite card on the page: Again, lots to work with here. But, I'm going to go with the Stargell. While the card isn't anything special, the player certainly is. It's great to be able to have one of his early efforts in my collection.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?

2 comments:

  1. Very cool that Madlock and Stargell landed on the same page. By the way... I spy with my little eye the Oakland Coliseum in the background on one of these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two rookie cups on one page! This is a page filled with cards I didn't own as a kid. But I sure wanted that Madlock. So that's the coolest one.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week