Friday, January 25, 2019

Alexis Chinn Visits Section 36

Section 36 has another visitor! Alexis Chinn is a traveler, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss NH USA! I'm so glad she was willing
Photo: Creative Sparks Imagery
to 
visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. She is now the second Miss USA state titleholder to visit with us, and I couldn't be more excited. I'm sure you'll love reading what she had to say!

So, let’s see what happens when Alexis Chinn visits Section 36!


What made you decide to compete for the Miss NH USA title?
I have been wanting to compete in the USA system for about 6 years now. I never did because I couldn’t justify asking my parents for that kind of money. Dresses, spray tans, shoes, jewelry, it all adds up so fast.  This year, I finally felt financially comfortable to put that kind of investment towards myself. 

How did you celebrate winning the crown?
Most of those who came to support me were those from my work family! Once I was crowned, they ran out and blew up these massive balloons! They each wrote me a note, hung them up everywhere, and basically threw me a surprise party at a nearby restaurant!

After growing up in the Seattle area, what brought you to NH?
School brought me out to New Hampshire! I originally went to St. John’s University in Queens, New York then transferred to Southern New Hampshire University to continue my studies in Biology. 

What part of the upcoming Miss USA competition are you most nervous about?
The part of the Miss USA completion I’m most worried about is swimsuit. It’s perfecting the walk and making it look effortless. It’s something I will most likely be practicing daily. 

Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss NH USA?
During my reign of Miss New Hampshire I just want to make people smile. Whether it be at a Best Buddies event, or at a Christmas parade. Knowing that I made someone’s day, and that they’ll have that memory, is more than enough for me. 

You’ve been traveling to many different states. Other than NH and WA, which has been your favorite to visit?
Other than Washington and New Hampshire, my favorite state to visit is California! I do plan on visiting every state, but as of right now that’s my number one. Besides the traffic, the laid back feeling, the beaches, and the sunshine just put me in the best mood. 

What is your personal fitness routine?
For my fitness routine, I have to ultimately change it up every month or so. I get bored doing the same workouts in the same gym. I grew up playing and running track so I try to incorporate that as much as possible. It took some getting use to factoring snow into my morning runs. 

If the Mariners are playing the Red Sox, which team are you cheering for?
I actually attended to Red Sox v. Mariners series last year! I surprised my boyfriend with tickets for his birthday! I did wear my Griffey jersey however. I grew up watching home games at Safeco Field! I was very torn during that game, I jumped up and cheered after a Sox home run and everyone seemed confused! They are both my teams, thankfully at least one of them makes the post season regularly!

Is there a feature or activity at Fenway Park that you’d especially like to experience?
I want to throw out the first pitch at a Red Sox game so bad! I don’t care what game or how many people are attending, that is something I haven’t stopped thinking about since being crowned. 

What were you doing when the Red Sox won the 2018 World Series?
Game 5 of the World Series was actually the same night as our finals for Miss New Hampshire! I was running around the hotel in my gown with crown falling off, asking if the game had started! Once I was finished up, I was with my friends and family cheering on the Red Sox at a nearby restaurant! The Red Sox won, and I found out I was heading to Miss USA, it was an absolutely amazing day. 

---

That must have been a pretty special night! A crowning followed by a championship!



As always, I want to give huge thanks to Alexis for doing this interview, and allowing me to use the amazing pictures to accompany it. They're really perfect! I also want to wish her the best of luck as she competes for the Miss USA crown. It would be amazing to have a former visitor take home that crown.

As Alexis continues her time as Miss NH USA, I encourage you to follow her on her official Miss NH USA Facebook page and Instagram account. It’ll be well worth your time! 

Thanks again Alexis, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week