Friday, August 3, 2018

Olivia Bollhorst Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Olivia Bollhorst is a twirler, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Seacoast. It was not long after
winning her crown when she agreed to discuss those topics with us, and a few more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy reading everything she had to say.

So, let’s see what happens when Olivia Bollhorst visits Section 36!


How did you celebrate winning the Miss Seacoast crown?
I celebrated by eating my favorite dessert, ice cream! My sister titleholders and I also had a little party so we could get to know each other better!

You’ve held several titles at the Teen level, but his will be your first time on the Miss New Hampshire stage. What aspect of the competition are you most nervous about?
I’m most nervous about the onstage interview. After watching Miss NH for so many years I know that their questions are harder than the MNHOT ones are. So I’ll definetly have to spend some more time preparing for that phase of competition!

What did you learn about yourself at Miss Seacoast that will help you at Miss New Hampshire?
I learned that the girls in the Miss division are just as amazing and supportive as the girls in the Teen division! I was definitely nervous about meeting the girls especially because there is a large age range between us. But the girls at Miss Seacoast were so accepting and welcoming. Now I have no fear about meeting the girls at Miss NH!

How did you select your platform, “Feed our Future: Fighting Hunger”?
My father and I volunteered at soup kitchens a lot when I was younger. We have delivered Thanksgiving day meals to families and that whole experience really opened my eyes to how many children go hungry in NH. So when it came time to choose a platform I knew that it had to be this.

What is your favorite part about performing your twirling talent on stage?
I love baton twirling and performing in front of crowds! It is
probably my favorite part of competition and I always have fun while doing it!

You got to dress up as Snow White at last year’s princess party supporting the Miss Kingston Organization. Which Disney character would you say is most like you?
I would have to say Moana. She’s very adventurous and curious about the world and she wants to travel and explore. I also love exploring new places and I’m never afraid of a new adventure!

Who is your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?
I would have to say Dustin Pedroia because I love how he supports military families by inviting them to meet him and sit at his personal seats right behind home plate!

Which feature/aspect of a Red Sox game at Fenway would you most like to experience?
I’d love to be at Fenway after a Red Sox player hits a home run. The camera always pans over the crowd and shows everyone going crazy and jumping up and down. I would love to be there to celebrate with everyone!

How will the Red Sox finish the 2018 season?
Hopefully with their 9th World Series Championship title!

----

I'm not going to argue with that!

As always, I want to give tons of thanks to Olivia for doing this interview, especially so soon after winning her crown. I also want to thank her for providing the pictures to accompany the interview. They went along perfectly, and made it a lot more fun!

As Olivia continues her time as Miss Seacoast, I encourage you to follow her on her official Facebook page!

I also want to wish Olivia luck as she competes in her first Miss New Hampshire competition next spring.


Thanks again Olivia, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week