Monday, November 14, 2016

Contest Time!

It’s that time of year again. (No, not “that” time of year…quite yet.) But, with the calendar getting ready to flip, it’s time for me to get ready for the 2017 Baseball Card releases! As you probably know by now, I do that by getting rid of everything in my commons box from 2007. 

I’ve discussed it before, but to sum up…I love to buy packs. So, I buy those during the year, and keep all the Red Sox cards. Then, I take anything I can sell (stars, big hits) and try to use those to fund the rest of my pack buying. I know that this business model has probably been shown over and over not to work. But, it works for me and fits my needs. Everything that isn’t a star or a Red Sox card gets put in a box for ten years. I assume that’s long enough for any sleepers to work their way out. If you had a card in 2007, and haven’t established yourself as a star by now, I’m willing to assume that you’re not going to. So, off they go to free up my “7” box for the new 2017 additions.

Which is where the “contest” comes in. I need a place to send these non-star/non-hit cards. (Well, that may be a weak description, actually. I know there’s at least one Hall-of-Famer in the box. And, things like parallels are still in there if they’re not super low numbered.)

It could be to you!

Here’s what I’m going to try. If you would like to get some of these cards, I need you to leave a comment ON A POST OTHER THAN THIS ONE naming a team you’d like me to send to you. I’ll wait a week. At the end of a week…so, next Monday…I’ll randomly select one of the people who left a comment as the winner and send them the cards from the team they chose. Sound reasonable?

Don’t forget the important part. The comment has to be left on a post other than this one! I figure if I’m sending you free cards, I have to make you at least work a little. So, whether you want to leave it on a visitor post, or a World Series Post, or a John Farrell post, or any other post I’ve written…that’s up to you. Just pick one, and leave the comment with team of your choice. If you think I may have trouble getting ahold of you if you win, you can send me an e-mail to make sure I have yours. And, if you’d like to say something nice about the blog, the post you’re commenting on, or anything else relevant, feel free to do that as well.

Pretty simple, right? By the looks of things, it appears there are between 50-200 cards available, depending on the team. Of course, if you win I’ll try to make your package even better for you. If I can find anything off a wantlist, or have a random hit from your team lying around, I’ll throw that in too. But, can’t be sure what I have for each team. 

Hopefully this works as a win-win where I get to send cards to people who want and deserve them.


Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week