Friday, October 10, 2014

From the Pedro Binder


1998 Fleer Ultra

I don't know how I feel about this card, exactly.

The design? Obviously fantastic. I'm a sucker for full bleed photos, and this card has one. I love it when the graphics float over the picture, and this card obviously has those. It lists Pedro's name and team, along with position. Those are all tucked out of the way. The best part is that the Ultra logo is even more tucked away, and almost hard to find. It's a perfect design to give all the focus to the picture.

Now, about that picture...

On the surface, it's uninspired. Sure, it's different. He's not throwing a pitch. But, laying on the ground stretching? Bleh. This is our new ace! We don't want a picture of him stretching.

But, then I remember that he's our new ace. I realize that I should probably appreciate a pic in the Red Sox uniform. It's not an Expo jersey, or an airbrush. It's not even a photo shoot. Ultra did their best to get him in "action" wearing a Red Sox uniform. Maybe I should be commending them. I just can't quite bring myself to do it.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week