OK everyone. I hope you all enjoyed looking for things on this year’s list. Since the pitchers and catchers have reported, the hunt has ended. Here are the items you should have found…
1. The number of commitments in the Red Sox Mission Statement: 5
2. The first number mentioned in Chapter 1 of Mike Lupica’s book Wild Pitch: 11
3. The uniform number of the Cardinals player sliding into Mark Bellhorn on the November 1, 2004 cover of “Sports Illustrated”: 22
4. The postal zip code for Fenway Park: 02215
5. The number of games played by Jim Rice during the 1978 regular season: 163
6. The number of deleted scenes included on the “curse reversed” edition of the Fever Pitch DVD: 13
7. The number of cups of “large curd sour cream” that are needed for Darren Lewis’s Potato Romanoff recipe, featured in the 2001 Red Sox Wives Cookbook, Crowding the Plate: 2
8. In W.P. Kinsella’s book Shoeless Joe, Ray Kinsella takes J.D. Salinger to Fenway Park in order to “ease his pain.” The section in which he gets tickets: 17
9. The number of runs scored by the Red Sox in the bottom of the seventh inning of the game chronicled in Steve Kettermann’s book One Day at Fenway: 0
10. The lot number of the Mookie-Buckner baseball in Leyland’s Charlie Sheen auction of April 2000: 698
11. The lowest section number of the Fenway Park bleachers: 34
12. The number of stars on the state flag of the state in which Curt Schilling was born: 8
13. The number of fans whose stories are chronicled in the movie Still, We Believe: The Boston Red Sox Movie: 8
14. The number of Calories that were in one quart of “Curse Reversed!” flavor Brigham’s Ice Cream: 1760
15. The number the player liked by Trisha’s brother Pete, in Stephen King’s book The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, usually wore: 42
16. The number of Red Sox players pictured on the cover of the April 11-17, 2004 issue of TV Guide: 2
17. The number of runs scored by the Red Sox in the first night game at Fenway Park: 5
18. The number of pitches Manny Ramirez saw in his first at bat in Fenway Park as a member of the Red Sox: 1
19. The approximate running time, in minutes, of the 2001 DVD: Boston Red Sox, 100 Years of Baseball History presented by Verizon: 210
20. The number of grams of sugar in a 2 oz box of Necco Sweet Hits Baseball Classic Candy, featuring John Valentin: 53
21. Cost, in dollars, of the raffle ticket sold in Fenway Park that gave you a chance to win an official 2004 Red Sox World Series Championship ring: 10
22. The row number in which Joseph Boucher was sitting during the June 9, 1946 Sox game against Detroit at Fenway: 37
23. Number of US Senators from the home state of Jon Lester: 2
24. The year in which the movie Fear Strikes Out was released: 1957
25. The number of ounces of Wheaties in the 2007 World Series commemorative box, featuring Josh Beckett: 15.6
26. The number of times Kevin Youkilis is pictured on the front of his 2003 Topps baseball card: 2
27. The number of Chapters in Mike Vaccaro’s book, Emperors and Idiots: 12
28. The 2008 Fenway Park seating capacity for a day game: 36984
29. The number of dogs Shea Hillenbrand is pictured with for the month of May in the 2003 “Pups in the Park” Red Sox Calendar: 4
30. The batting average of Nomar Garciapara shown on the front of card number 391 of the 2001 Upper Deck Vintage baseball card set: .372
31. The number found in the name of the Wade Boggs candy bar circa 1990: .352
32. Mike Timlin’s lifetime TPI, as listed in the sixth edition of Total Baseball: 8.7
33. The card number of Frank Viola’s 1993 Topps Stadium Club baseball card: 147
34. The property value, in dollars, of Fenway Park in the Red Sox Collectors Edition Monopoly game: 400
35. The number of players lost to Colorado in the 1992 expansion draft: 2
36. The number of people to whom Tony Massarotti dedicated his book A Tale of Two Cities (written with John Harper): 2
So, how did you do? Winner to be announced tomorrow.
What people are reading this week
Section 36 has another visitor! Jana El-Sayed is a singer, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Goffstown. I am so excited she agreed to ...
When I recently wrote about how Jim Thome performed in games I attended, I mentioned there were a couple games included where Thome faced ...
The Stage has been set . The Match is underway. Who will come out on top? There’s only one way to find out. Keep going, and open that ...
I've mentioned my side collection/project at least once before. As a way to try to expand my collection into the vintage range, I thou...
Section 36 has another visitor! Kylee-Anne Drew is a talented tap dancer, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Gate City. I am so excited...