Friday, September 27, 2024

Emma Danaher Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Emma Danaher is passionate about extracurricular activities, a talented painter, and the current Miss Lake Champlain's Teen. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 

So, let's see what happens when Emma Danaher visits Section 36!

What made you decide to compete for the Miss Vermont’s Teen crown as Miss Lake Champlain’s Teen? 

This is my third year holding a local title and competing for Miss Vermont's Teen, each year has been an incredible journey. I continue to compete because it offers a unique opportunity for personal growth and allows me to make a meaningful impact in my community. I chose the title of Miss Lake Champlain's Teen because I believe our lake beautifully captures the spirit of Vermont, and I am proud to represent such a significant part of our state.


What is something that Charlee Royer is doing as Miss Vermont’s Teen that you would like to emulate? 

Charlee’s work with her CSI Beyond the Ribbon is truly inspiring. This nonprofit is a successful 501(c)(3) that provides care boxes for children who have a family member that has been diagnosed with cancer, offering them both support and comfort during difficult times. The positive impact Charlee has made on families through her initiative is incredible. I aspire to emulate this same level of commitment and meaningful contribution through my own CSI, Limitless Miss. My goal is to create a similarly significant impact on our community, providing support and making a difference for youth in the state of Vermont. 


What do you enjoy about performing your talent on stage?

My talent is speed painting, and what I enjoy most about performing it on stage is the excitement of transforming a blank canvas into a piece of art in only 90 seconds. Art has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember, and I’ve been painting and creating from a very young age. I believe that art is a fantastic example of how extracurricular activities improve mental health and provide a meaningful way of personal expression. It’s a very unique talent, as very few girls speed paint on the Miss America stage. Watching Sophia Todd, Miss Kentucky’s Teen, win a preliminary talent award at Miss America last year was incredibly inspiring and wonderful.


How did you select your CSI “Limitless Miss”?

I created Limitless Miss as my CSI because extracurricular activities have been essential to my personal growth, both as a young child and into my teenage years. Having participated in over 15 different activities, with baking and basketball being my favorites, I’ve seen firsthand the positive impact they can have. For instance, during challenging times, basketball helped me channel negative emotions into something constructive while staying active. I recognize that not everyone has the same opportunities, often due to financial barriers. Limitless Miss aims to address this by providing scholarships to girls in Vermont, ensuring that financial constraints do not prevent them from pursuing extracurricular interests.

Interested in applying for a Limitless Miss Scholarship? Fill out the request form to get started: Request Form


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

If I could be a Disney character for a week, I would choose Rapunzel. Her creativity and self-expression through art deeply reflect my own interests. Additionally, her bravery in leaving her tower and exploring the unknown is incredibly inspiring. Facing new challenges can be intimidating, but Rapunzel’s fearless attitude transforms uncertainty into an opportunity for growth. Her story motivates me to embrace life’s uncertainties with confidence and view them as chances to learn and grow.


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you would especially like to experience?

I would love to throw the first pitch at a baseball game. The Vermont Lake Monsters would be the perfect team for this experience, especially since I am Miss Lake Champlain’s Teen and their mascot, Champ, is named after Lake Champlain. It would be an incredible opportunity to showcase my role and engage with the community. Additionally, at this game, I would give away a Limitless Miss Scholarship to a girl passionate about softball. This scholarship could be used to offset the costs of joining a team, training, or purchasing equipment. 


---

Those would be two great things to do at a game. Hope she can make that happen!

As always, I want to thank Emma for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with her during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account, as well as her CSI's Instagram
They're both great ways to keep track of everything she has going on. 


Thanks again Emma, and good luck at the Miss Vermont's Teen competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week