Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Check Out My Hall Of Famers!

I mentioned last time, that my most recent COMC shipment had cards that hit a few of my different collection areas. This one is actually an area that came about almost entirely because of COMC. With the ease of picking up single cards, and the affordability of so many of them, it was something I decided to try. I wanted to add as many rookie cards of Hall of Famers as I could...across sports. Sort of a group of cards that a quality collection needs to have. Like, "You say you have a nice collection, but don't have a Tony Gwynn RC? Bah" sort of card. So, in this shipment I added a few more to the group.

Let's have a look, shall we?


This card somewhat met the same fate as the Pedroia from the last post. Since Ortiz only had a couple rookies, these prices were always so high it was crazy. And, since I collect Red Sox cards, not Twins, it was always easy to pass on this. But, if you're adding Hall of Fame RCs, regardless of team or sport...he was an easy one to add.


This guy is way too cheap for an all-time great. It was hard to not add this to my collection.


It hurt me a little bit to add this one. For one thing, it's Manning. Any Manning is a tough sell for me. But, this is a card I probably had at one point. To pay to re-add it to the collection just hurts a little bit.

And, there they are. Three more Hall of Fame rookies to add to the collection. If you stick to the fringes, it's fun and easy to add some really quality cards to the collection for not a lot of money. It really makes it a lot of fun.

Which is what collecting is supposed to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week