Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year from Section 36!

I hope you all made it through 2022 and are excited to see what 2023 will bring. I know I'm ready to make 2023 the year this here blog gets back to its roots and finds its way again.

I made 104 posts in 2022, the lowest number since the first year of the blog. I'd like to get that number back up so you all hove more from me to read. I'd much prefer to live in the 150-200 post range which is three a week. Let's see if I can get back up there.

And the types of posts will hopefully improve. I admit to mailing it in a bit with the blaster breaks lately. As much fun as it is to open packs, the posts are really a cheap trick when there are so many of them. Especially when the Sox are giving so many topics to dive into, I really have no excuse for not exploring them. Expect to see more, and feel free to call me out on that.

On the bright side, those posts almost always included an interview on Friday, having conducted more than 40 in 2022. Included in that list were Miss America Candidates and Red Sox player wives. I think they're a lot of fun, and enjoy hearing input from those types of fans. (This year, I again had the honor of including the future Miss America herself, Grace Stanke.) If you enjoy the interviews too, that’s wonderful. If you don't, hopefully once or twice a week isn't too intrusive and I can keep that up.

The Section 36 store also had a great 2022. More people keep buying shirts, sweatshirts, tank tops, and whatever else. I'm always humbled whenever a sale goes through. Hopefully you've enjoyed all the pictures people have sent in wearing their gear. With any luck, both sales and picture submittals will increase in 2023!

Hopefully 2023 is a continuation of my blogging perspective to help me find my voice or my place in this wide world. I still didn't write about the team itself as much as I would have liked. But, I am still a Red Sox fan. I like talking about the team, and about collecting their memorabilia, and reading the books, and talking with their fans. It's called a Red Sox fan blog for a reason. Because it's by a fan, about being a fan. Whatever type of fan that is.

And some of that includes Social media.

And is also some of the reason for my lack of posts. If I have a free hour, searching and commenting on social media is sometimes easier, and more attractive, than writing a post. I need to refocus a bit.

How will those social media sites get even better in 2023?

I’m glad you asked.

Once again, Instagram is probably the place I’ve seen the most movement in the past year. It’s been so much fun connecting with fans and visitors through that site. For Section 36, in the past I have posted exclusively pictures I have taken. It’s a way to enjoy different views from a Red Sox fan. I've continued adding pictures people have submitted of themselves holding a “I’d Rather be in Section 36” sign, or pictures of themselves with Section 36 gear. (So, if you were wondering how you could appear on the Section 36 account, that’s how.) It’s been a great way to add variety to the feed, and publicize some great pictures people have submitted. And the best part? The account keeps adding followers and seeing more interaction, and I couldn't be more thrilled! Here's hoping that number keeps growing. If you’re one of the followers, thanks! If you’re not, what’s keeping you?

Twitter is still the old standby...assuming Elon doesn't drive it completely into the ground. I find that it’s an easy way to spread the word about new posts to the blogs. The Section 36 account tweets out links to posts here on Section 36. It also converses with fans, especially during Red Sox games. At over 1100 followers, it’s a fun group to be involved with.

Facebook provides fun opportunities.

I find it’s a combination between Twitter and Instagram. It can post links and pictures with ease, and has the ability to allow sharing with friends. The Section 36 page will post links to every post here on Section 36. Facebook is also great for pictures, so it posts pictures that I’ve taken. It’s also a prime spot to post pictures submitted by others. So almost every picture someone submits of themselves with Section 36 behind them, or in Section 36, or holding a “I’d rather be in Section 36” sign, or with Section 36 gear gets posted there. Section 36 has more than 500 likes and adds more all the time, which is great!

Beyond that?

Section 36 also has a presence on Snapchat and Pinterest, although I honestly have no idea why. Maybe in 2023 I’ll figure something out. Feel free to follow/add to see the progress! In fact, follow all of Section 36 on all social media accounts.

It’ll be a lot of fun.

Hope that's OK with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week