Wednesday, March 27, 2019

I Know You Don't Care

But I'm going to tell you anyway. I had my fantasy baseball draft last night, so I'm going to tell you what my team looks like!

In case your forgotten, it's a ten-team 5x5 with pretty deep rosters. We get three keepers that count as the draft pick for the round you originally drafted them. Sound good? Ok. Here's my team, with their draft position.

C Blake Swihart (25th round - 243rd overall pick)
1B Robinson Cano (8-78)
2B Javier Baez (9-83)
3B Matt Chapman (5-43)
SS Jean Segura (4-38)
CI Rafael Devers (10-98)
MI Xander Bogaerts (14-138)
OF Andrew Benintendi (2-18)
OF Jesse Winker (12-118)
OF Billy Hamilton (15-143)
OF Adam Eaton (17-163)
U Jackie Bradley Jr (18-178)
U Chris Taylor (20-198)
U Jose Martinez (21-203)

SP Chris Sale (1-3)
SP Kyle Hendricks (11-103)
SP German Marquez (13-123)
RP Kenley Jansen (3-23)
RP Blake Treinen (6-58)
P Brad Hand (7-63)
P Aaron Nola (16-158)
P Jon Lester (19-183)

B Ryan Brasier (22-218)
B Steve Cishek (25-246)
B Jhoulys Chacin (26-258)
B Sergio Romo (28-278)
B Marwin Gonzalez (23-223)
B Ben Zobrist (24-238)

In case you didn't guess, my three keepers were Baez in the ninth, Xander in the fourteenth, and Nola in the sixteenth. For the first year, I didn't keep Mike Trout. I felt getting Xander’s value was better than using a first round pick on Trout. So, I got Sale in the first instead. (Altuve was a keeper pick at #1, Trout went two, and Sale was the next best player who wasn't kept by another team.) Not sure how that will work out for me, since it means I don't really have a “first round” talent on the team. I do have a bunch of “second round” talent though, so maybe it'll work.

The pitching and infield are clearly my strengths. Once I had Sale-Nola that was going to be clear. I somehow completely missed David Price. All of a sudden someone else selected him, and he wasn't even appearing on my ranking yet. I meant to get Eovaldi or Porcello, but just waited too long.

Hopefully Swihart sees a ton of action this year, and hits really well.

So, there it is. Excited to see how I do.

What do you think of the team?

1 comment:

  1. Sure hope Treinen has another stellar year for your sake... and my Athletics sake as well.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week