Friday, June 30, 2017

Caroline Newell Visits Section 36!


Section 36 has another visitor! Caroline Newell is a baton twirler, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Liberty’s Outstanding Teen. She will be turning over that crown in just a couple short weeks. But, before she does, she agreed to visit with us to discuss her reign, her future plans, and the Red Sox. I’m awfully glad she did.

So, let’s see what happens when Caroline Newell visits Section 36!

1. What made you decide to compete for Miss Liberty’s Outstanding Teen?
I have been competing in the Miss NH Outstanding Teen program for four years and I love the organization. This is a great local title with an amazing director.

2. Your talent during the competition included baton twirling. How do you become involved in that activity?
I got involved in baton through my daycare. My current team came to my daycare and did a demo. Ever since then, I have fallen in love with baton. I am the feature twirler for Goffstown High School and perform at all the football games and school events. I also compete with the Ameri-Kids baton team of Auburn, NH.

3. What has surprised you most about your time as Miss Liberty’s Outstanding Teen?
The day after I was crowned I got to go on the LNH, NH’s Big Variety Show with Nazzy Naz. It was the first time I was ever on the radio and it was a lot of fun.

4. How did you decide on your platform, “Girl Scouts – A Lifetime of Opportunity”? 
I have been a Girl Scout since I was five years old. I want girls to consider joining this organization that will help them build skills and confidence for a lifetime. This summer, I am going to London with the Girl Scouts and will be camping with troops from around the world.

5. Your time as Miss Liberty’s Outstanding Teen ends much too soon. What are your plans after you turn over your crown?
I will be competing for Miss Goffstown’s Outstanding Teen and continuing community service.

6. This is the first Red Sox season in a while without David Ortiz. What’s your favorite Ortiz memory?
Anytime he got up to bat, but I liked how he talked to the crowd at Fenway after the Boston Marathon bombing. He is a true leader of Boston sports.

7. Who is your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?
Dustin Pedroia because he is consistently a good player.

8. If you can’t sit in Section 36, where do you (or where would
you) like to sit to watch the Red Sox?
I like to sit along the third base line.

9. How do you think the Red Sox will finish the 2017 season? 
They’ve pulled it out before and they could do it again. Keep the pitchers healthy!


---


Sounds like a great plan to me!

As usual, I want to give huge thanks to Caroline for doing this interview. I love being able to post these for everyone to enjoy. I also want to thank her for providing the pictures to accompany the interview. They definitely make the post more fun to read.

As Caroline wraps up her time as Miss Liberty’s Outstanding Teen, I encourage you to follow her on the official Facebook page. 

And, of course, I want to wish Caroline luck in the end of June as she competes for the Miss Goffstown's Outstanding Teen crown.

Thanks again Caroline, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week