Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 Wantlist


I’m sure you’ve all been wondering when I was going to post my 2012 Red Sox wantlist. Ok. None of you even noticed that I didn’t do it, did you? Well, I’m giving it to you now anyway. Ready? Here we go.

Topps Family of  Products
            Any Red Sox inserts
            Any Red Sox SP

There. That was quick and painless. What’s with the short list this year? I tried something new in 2012. I’ve mentioned before that I have been attempting to make my collection self-sufficient. So, I purchase blasters. I keep the Red Sox, and sell the rest (that I can). Use the money to buy a blaster. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. As you can imagine, I wasn’t getting the turnaround on a blaster I would like. From one blaster, I’d get a couple Red Sox cards, and a handful of cards I could resell. I started to realize that if I bought complete sets, and break them up, I could do better. The entire 2012 Topps set didn’t cost much more than a blaster. Then, I would get the entire Red Sox team set in one shot. I would also get a pile of stars that could be flipped. It was great. The only drawback? (other than it not being quite as much fun?) I only got the base cards. So, I’m still missing any sort of insert or short printed card from these sets. I think it’s still worthwhile to go with this route…for the time being. It just means I need your help.

I’m assuming that with the number of SP and inserts out there, I don’t really need to specify which ones I don’t have. Odds are that it will take a while before somebody sent me a duplicate. Besides, I’m not even sure I know the names of all the insert sets out there, or which Red Sox cards are short printed. So, I’ll just take what I can get and go from there.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week